Gator Computers, LLC
PC and Cell Phone Repair Technician
GATORS in COLUMBUS is looking to expand its technical staff. A GATORS Repair Technician is responsible for diagnosing and performing repairs on a wide range of devices including: phones, laptops, tablets, PC and Gaming systems. As a GATORS Repair Technician it is also your job to stay up to speed on newly released and upcoming technology in the industry. This will ensure that your team is prepared to repair these devices when they arrive at your location for the first time. A technician should not only have the ability to repair any device that comes through the door, they should also be comfortable with cross training other employees.
Technical Skills –
- Experience with repairing a wide range of devices: PCs, phones, tablets, operating systems, gaming consoles etc.
- Proficient in soldering (preferred but not required)
- PC Repair experience and certifications
Skill & Requirements – (Salary – To be negotiated based on experience and qualifications)
- Minimum high school diploma, plus additional experience of 3-12 months or more of electronic device repair/experience. You MUST have a resume in order to be considered, as we are looking to fill this position fairly quickly, having a well laid out summary of your experience only helps when reviewing candidates
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Google, GMAIL/GSuites and email communication
- Experience with a Point of Sale Systems and opening and closing procedures (preferred but not required)
- Some sales experience (preferred and its a good way to earn commissions as we sell the following services: Hughesnet, ViaSat Internet (formally Exede Internet)
- Resourceful and motivated with a desire to learn new things.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with the ability to organize, manage, prioritize and complete multiple repairs without jeopardizing quality of work.
- Ability to work independently as well as working with a team when needed
- Ability to recognize trends in the repair industry
- Ability to cross-train other employees when necessary
- Knowledge of parts, part suppliers, inventory management and control (preferred but not required)
- Maintaining a clean, organized work space, work environment and work station (required)
- Consistent and accurate use of the Point-Of-Sale (POS) system to enter, track and close all customer transactions
- Must be able and willing to work up to 6 days per week. Our hours are 10AM – 6PM – M-F and 10AM to 2PM on Saturday’s
- Must have dependable transportation to and from work and willing to work in Philadelphia.
- Provide excellent customer service with clear communication
- Personable, solution-based selling skills
- Proactive approach to repairing and servicing a customers electronic devices
Compensation & Benefits-
- Increased earning potential based upon performance
- Employee compensation plan in addition to hourly wage (internet and tv service sales)
- Willing to train the right person but must have basic knowledge of PCs and Phone Repair
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.00 to $15.00 /hour
Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of PC, Cell Phone, Tablet and/or gaming console repair experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Driver’s License?
- Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
- Are you in Philadelphia, MS?
- What is the highest level of education you have completed?
- Which shifts are you available to work?
Related keywords: information technology, it, it support, computer technician, desktop support, technical support, it technician, desktop support technician
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $8.00 – $15.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
all employees must be vaccinated for covid-19
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Personal Electronics Repair Technicians: 1 year (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Apple Certified Mac Technician (Preferred)
- CompTIA A+ (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location