Job title: Periop Tech I- Children’s Periop
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00015015
Job Category: Health System
Organization: Children’s OR
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Periop Tech I- Children’s Periop
Job Summary: To provide direct and indirect patient care in the perioperative area under the guidance and direction of the registered nurse and in accordance with UMMC policy and nursing practice laws and regulations. To assist with room turnovers, receptionist responsibilities, transporting of patients, stocking, cleaning and maintaining supplies, equipment care, patient positioning and patient prep. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. One (1) year experience in a healthcare related occupation preferred, or completion of first semester of RN/LPN program preferred. Note this is meant to be an entry-level position for training purposes. Employees entering this job class may apply for Periop Hospital Tech II with 6 months of experience or completion of a certification program (such as the Certified Surgical Tech Cleaner)
Certifications, Licenses, or registration required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates effective communication skills across departments. Performs unit secretary duties, including telephone duties , appropriate message taking, and related tasks
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of Perioperative practice ( (aseptic technique, infection control, traffic patterns, patient safety) in order to Assists the RN in the care of the patient (lifting, turning and repositioning the patient, utilizing proper body mechanics and equipment)
- Understands the importance of National Patient Safety Goals (specifically related to patient identification) when escorting or transporting patients and equipment to various hospital locations, as required
- Routinely handles highly-technical service-specific equipment (microscopes, lasers, video equipment) with an understanding of operational function, safety, cleaning, maintenance). Assembles, cleans and prepares and/or moves equipment as directed.
- Demonstrates an understanding of appropriate specimen handling, including, but not limited to packaging, preservatives, tracking and regulatory compliance. Delivers specimens, cultures and/or labs to appropriate locations within acceptable time frames as directed
- Acts as a liaison with hospital Biomedical Department.
- Assist in room turnover (cleaning and hazardous material disposal).
- Assist with the restocking, cleaning and maintaining supplies in the pre and post-operative areas.
- Assists the RN in the care of the patient (obtaining vital signs, EKG’s, Urine Pregnancy Test, Accu-checks and other duties as assigned).
- Monitor and maintain the oxygen cylinders to ensure the Pre and Post-operative areas have appropriate supply needed for patient care.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention safety considerations, frequent traveling to offsite locations, frequent activities subject to significant volume changes of seasonal/clinical nature, frequent work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, frequent lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, frequent climbing, frequent crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, frequent kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51%)
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Job Posting Date: 06/17/2022
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:02:28 GMT
Click Here To Apply