University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Physician Assistant-Orthopedic Surgery
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00029550
Job Category: Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Organization: Advanced Practice Providers
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Physician Assistant-Orthopedic Surgery
Job Summary: To manage and provide patient medical care and promotes patient health and wellness by assessing, diagnosing, planning, implementing and evaluating appropriate patient care under the supervision of a physician and in accordance with UMMC, state, and federal requirements and guidelines. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Education & Experience
Must graduate from an approved physician assistant program within 90 days and obtain PANCE certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and licensure by the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure prior to hire.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: PANCE certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) and licensure by the Mississippi State Board of Medical Licensure prior to hire date.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. Verbal and written communications skills. Interpersonal skills to interact with patients, family members, and staff.
Ability to educate patients and family members as to the nature of the disease/injury, proper care and treatment and preventative health care. Ability to observe, assess and record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Conducts complex, standardized patient care procedures; evaluates patient’s medical complaints and provides appropriate treatment.
- Obtains, compiles, and records patient medical data to include health history, progress notes, treatment procedures, and results of physical examination.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic tests such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests.
- Prescribes therapy and medications according to treatment plan. Provides guidance and instruction to patients and families regarding disease processes, therapies, outcomes, and preventative health care.
- Practices safety, environmental, and/or infection control methods.
- Serves on at least one hospital or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care or work area.
- Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- Functions as expert/resource to clinic staff in area of specialty.
- Serves as educator and mentor to students and new hire advance practice providers.
- Contributes to the professional development for peers, colleagues and others upon request.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, occasional standing, frequent twisting, and occasional walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: Yes
Pay Class: Salary
FTE %: 100
Job Posting Date: 05/24/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Fri, 26 May 2023 07:22:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply