Pipeline Integrity Technician – United States
Wanting to advance your technical knowledge and career, we have immediate training positions for permanent 2 & 3 year projects across Canada and the US. Metalogic is a turnkey inspection company specializing in the implementation of advanced technologies, focused on reducing our customers’ risk and costs. Corporate offices are in Edmonton Alberta, California, and Houston Texas, with strategic offices throughout North America, as well as temporary projects around the world. By continuously reinforcing our core values, we will become the number one choice for our customers and employees.
Working with Metalogic Inspection Services, the pipeline integrity technician will support our clients by conducting, analyzing, reporting pipeline inspection data, The (PLI) Technician will travel to various projects in and out of state and work independently for extended periods in remote areas in support of clients’ projects. THE PLI technician will primarily perform calibrations; nondestructive tests; evaluate acceptance or rejection determinations according to written instructions as well as record results.
- Adherence to Metalogic Inspection Services and customer required procedures and specifications, including reports
- Perform assessment of as-found pipe condition, including cathodic protection, soils, and coating assessments;
- Perform examinations to assess pipe for deformation. Cracks. Anomalies brought from manufacturing and corrosion.
- Conduct hazard assessments prior to beginning work and follow safe work procedures
- Provide clients with quality services in a timely manner
- Follow regulatory requirements, work to codes, procedures, and techniques
- Be responsible for the custody, care and correct use of valuable technical equipment, tools, machinery, publications, materials, job items, vehicles, and other assets
- Understanding of Pipeline Integrity processes, techniques, and procedures
- Compose and write pipeline integrity inspection reports, including assisting other pipeline integrity technicians with reporting
- Maintaining metrics on reporting, costs, productivity, and priority digs
- Updating pipeline integrity databases and managing FTP sites
- Attending operational meetings with customer engineers and project engineers/managers
- Assist with dig package and cost estimating
- Responsible for on-the-job training and guidance of PLI Assistants and PLI Junior Technicians
- Perform other job-related tasks as assigned by manager
Strong work ethic
Excellent time management skills
Exceptional safety and quality leadership and awareness
Adaptable to changing schedules
Ability to follow directions and procedures
Organized with exceptional attention to detail
Ability to work within a team
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Computer proficient including experience with Microsoft Office products
High School Diploma or equivalent
Experience working with pipeline integrity and willing to do work assignments with extensive travel requirements across the US
Candidate must have current and valid Magnetic Particle Testing Level 2 and Ultrasonic Thickness Level 2
Candidates with PAUT certification or experience preferred
Creaform 3D Laser Scanning experience
Valid Driver’s License
We will provide all the necessary training and certification using Metalogic’s proprietary software and technology at the company’s expense. There will be extensive additional training at our corporate training facility in Edmonton, Canada.
The company will provide a vehicle as needed to travel.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments, especially on a project
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.
- Overtime required during the week and weekend with work volume.
- Ability to be flexible with work schedules and respond to requests without advance warning or notification
Metalogic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Metalogic is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and provides employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Metalogic are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Metalogic will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Metalogic encourages applicants of all ages.” As an employer committed to employment equity, we encourage members of all equity-seeking groups to self-identify during the application process.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Pipeline Integrity Technician: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations