Our family-owned business is growing. We are looking to fill several Processing Plant positions. As we strive to continue our 80+ years of history, we understand our employees are key to that success. Fischer’s is seeking quality individuals to join our family of dedicated employees who strive to make a difference to the farmers and customers we serve every day.
· Follow directions from Packaging Manager and/or Plant Operations Manager.
· Operating the processing equipment in the plant.
· Operating equipment on the bagging line.
· Follow quality control standards of the plant.
· Recognize quality concerns & communicate to supervisor.
· Be able to update status of operations for the day.
· Record and track daily production and internal processes.
· Operating a forklift for general warehousing duties including shipping / receiving.
· Perform any other duties necessary
· Successful applicants must be punctual, have good communication skills, excellent attendance, commitment to long-term employment, and a good attitude towards work.
- Clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to lift 70 pounds unassisted
- 18+ years old
- High School diploma/GED
· Health Insurance and company HSA contributions. Supplemental insurance available.
· 401k plan with company contributions
· Paid holidays, paid vacation, and PTO
· Uniform allowance
· Wellness bonus, attendance bonus and production bonus
These positions are for full-time employment (40+ hours/week) beginning immediately.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Shelbyville, IN 46176: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: One location