Job title: Play Facilitator
Company: The Scott Family Amazeum
Job description: Scott Family Amazeum Overview
The Scott Family Amazeum is a hands-on, interactive museum in Northwest Arkansas that creates a fun environment where risk taking, imagining, problem solving, discovery, collaboration, and exploration bring children and adults together to learn and grow.
The mission of the Amazeum is: “To engage the imagination of children and their families through interactive exhibits, programs, and resources while creating an excitement for lifelong learning and the enrichment of lives.”
Through experiences with the Amazeum, individuals and the community are engaged in building relationships and developing identities as creative, curious, and innovative shapers for the region. Learning at the Amazeum is an active, playful exploration that inspires curiosity. It is rooted in inquiry-based discovery and involves an element of risk. Hands-on learning opportunities allow guests to exercise critical thinking in the context of play.
The Amazeum facility includes approximately 50,000 square feet of indoor space and one acre of outdoor exhibition and activity space.The museum is located at the intersection of Museum Way and J Street in Bentonville, AR.
The Amazeum needs Play Facilitators! Wanted: team members who understand the importance of play and hospitality. Play Facilitators inspire fun and curiosity through positive, playful interactions with guests. Play Facilitators work as a team animating play ideas, fostering family exploration, providing excellent customer service, ensuring a safe and hygienic space, and helping evaluate and improve guest experiences. Play Facilitators add an extra layer of fun throughout the museum and off-site at community partner organizations.
- Interact directly with museum guests and facilitate active play following the Amazeum’s philosophy of learning
- Provide guests with supplemental activities, hands-on science demonstrations, and exhibit information
- Respond knowledgeably to guest questions; follow daily programming schedules
- Clean props and reset exhibits, ensure a safe environment at all times, and communicate exhibit maintenance needs
- Work closely with volunteers to model best practices of play facilitation and hospitality; assist with training
- Collaborate with education team to develop, evaluate, and improve activities and facilitation
- Actively participate in scheduled training sessions and meetings
- Learn new demonstrations and exhibit content on a regular basis
- Provide programming support for marketing and special events at the Amazeum and off site at community partner organizations
The responsibilities listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. The Amazeum reserves the right to revise or change position duties and responsibilities as necessary to accommodate changing organizational needs.
Education Preparation and Work Experience
● High school diploma or GED; required
● Working towards BS/BA/AA in Education, Play Therapy, Science, Art, Theater, Museum Studies, or related field; preferred
● Experience working with children; 1 year required, within informal education setting preferred
● Basic understanding of inquiry-based or play facilitation; preferred
● Minimum age of 18 years at time of hire
● Basic understanding of developmental levels and different learning styles
● Capacity to be spontaneous and interact positively with guests
● Demonstrated success in guest engagement and customer service
● Strong verbal communication skills with emphasis on interacting with diverse audiences in an engaging and compelling fashion
● Bilingual ability is desired, but not required Learning Inclinations
● Passionate and committed to play facilitation, and enthusiastic for the impact play can have on learners
● Strategic thinker and able to problem solve effectively under pressure
● Proven ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
● Understand the subtleties of non-verbal cues and the ability to respond appropriately
● Demonstrate curiosity and passion for learning, with an excitement for new challenges
● Energetic, dependable, and personable; enjoy working with children and adults
● Ability to balance shifting priorities in a dynamic, fast paced, and ever-changing environment
● Excellent team player with positive attitude ● Comfortable being silly and playful; fun-spirited
● Highly respectful in speech, actions, and demeanor
● Commitment to the Amazeum’s mission
● Able to stand, walk, and interact with children and adults for extended periods of time
● Able to lift up to 20 lbs overhead regularly and occasionally 40 lbs
● Valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, and reliable personal transportation required
● Candidates may be required to pass a criminal background screening and drug test
● Work is performed in an environment with moderate to excessive noise
The Scott Family Amazeum is a hands-on, interactive museum in Northwest Arkansas that creates a fun environment where risk taking, imagining, problem solving, discovery and exploration bring children and adults together to play, learn and grow.
Location: Bentonville, AR
Job date: Sun, 18 Sep 2022 22:30:17 GMT
Click Here To Apply