Policyholder Services Associate II, Service Request (Remote) – (22001369)
Do you want to be part of a collaborative, consumer centric enrollment team? If so, Guardian is seeking a The Policyholder Services Associate II to analyze and resolve incoming customer inquiries as it relates to their enrollment and/or premium payment status. This position is responsible for maintaining an in depth understanding of our enrollment and premium billing procedures. This includes communicating with our call center associates and other internal or external parties to successfully meet our customer’s needs.
A consumer centric individual who is a motivated by collaborating with others but also works independently to troubleshoot and resolve, challenge the status quo, and find process improvements to improve the customer experience.
- Evaluate enrollment and group level inquiries and apply the correct contract/benefit provisions, business rules and state/federal legislative requirements.
- Research, analyze and resolve routine and non-standard eligibility requests and escalated issues engaging key stakeholders utilizing multiple systems to facilitate resolution.
- Respond professionally to both internal and external customer service inquiries regarding maintenance changes of the plan and members within expected service levels.
- Explain and educates contract provisions, premium discrepancies, billing procedures and plan benefits to internal and external customers, including Planholders, Customer Response Unit (CRU) and Sales.
- Assess eligibility requirements and determine if/when Evidence of Insurability is required and act appropriately based on established procedures.
- Actively participate in team meetings and share information and best practices with the team.
- Consistently meet departmental standards for quality and production
This position reports to the Policyholder Services Team Leader who, in turn, reports to the Policyholder Services Manager.
Location & Vaccination Requirements
- Mobile Campus
- Covid – 19 vaccinations not required unless you voluntarily visit one of our campus locations or attending an in-person company sponsored event.
- Through skill-building, leadership development and philanthropic opportunities, we provide opportunities to build communities and grow your career, surrounded by diverse colleagues with high ethical standards
- Meaningful and challenging work opportunities to accelerate innovation in a secure and compliant way.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Excellent medical, dental, supplemental health, life and vision coverage for you and your dependents with no wait period.
- Life and disability insurance.
- A great 401(k) with company match.
- Tuition assistance paid parental leave and backup family care.
- Dynamic, modern work environments that promote collaboration and creativity to develop and empower talent.
- Flexible time off, dress code, and work location policies to balance your work and life in the ways that suit you best.
- Employee Resource Groups that advocate for inclusion and diversity in all that we do.
- Social responsibility in all aspects of our work. We volunteer within our local communities, create educational alliances with colleges, drive a variety of initiatives in sustainability.
Guardian has been helping people protect their futures and secure their lives for 160 years. Every day, we serve approximately 29 million people through a range of insurance and financial products. We help people and their families pursue financial security and well-being in life, health, and wealth. We help companies take care of their employees. And we help people recover and thrive after unexpected loss.
From our founding in 1860, when a community of immigrants joined together to insure and protect their businesses and families, doing the right thing for our policyholders and customers has guided everything we do. Our dedication to customers has helped us remain one of the most highly rated in client satisfaction and financial strength. And as one of the largest mutual insurance companies, we know what matters most: putting the needs of our customers first. Because everyone deserves a Guardian. Learn more about Guardian at www.GuardianLife.com.
© Copyright 2021 The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, NY
Equal Employment Opportunity
Guardian is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, affectional or sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, marital status, disability, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Primary Location: United States
Job: Group Insurance
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Standard
Job Posting: May 12, 2022, 1:21:43 PM