Job title: Postdoc Research Fellow – Office of Postdoctoral Studies
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00021561
Job Category: Student
Organization: School of Graduate Studies-Operations
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Postdoc Research Fellow – Office of Postdoctoral Studies
Job Summary: Conducts research while receiving advanced training from a designated principal investigator designed to enhance professional skills and research independence. (Research areas vary among departments and laboratories. Employment periods are typically temporary for a year, and renewal to the next level is expected according to satisfactory progress and fund availability) and the postdoc training period is typically 5 years or less with annual evaluation of progress and funding availability to determine progression to next year of training.
Education & Experience
M.D., Ph.D., or Pharm D., or candidate for graduation from M.D., PH.D., or PharmD Educational program within next six months. Proof of degree must be provided prior to hire date. No other equivalents.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Written and verbal communications skills. Interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Leadership skills.
- Performs independent research and/or supervises students and/or technical staff.
- Designs and executes research protocol using standardized or specialized techniques, procedures, and instrumentation. May develop new techniques.
- Collects and analyzes research data and maintains records of experimental procedures. Participates in manuscript preparation.
- May prepare grant applications and annual research reports.
- May prepare and monitor patients during various diagnostic research procedures.
- May perform experimental surgery without supervision. Develops new research procedures.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: Yes
Pay Class: Salary
FTE %: 100
Job Posting Date: 05/10/2022
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Thu, 12 May 2022 07:52:29 GMT
Click Here To Apply