A Pre-Con Coordinator is responsible for the facilitation and implementation of builder plans for Kimbel’s Market-Housing Division. A Pre-Con Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the review of builder blueprints (red-lines), updating and maintaining inventory, adjusting change orders and pricing structures, and solid communication to ensure each project is completed in an efficient manor.
Essential duties and job functions:
- Review builder plans and specifications to develop a comprehensive understanding of the project; develop red-lines for the actual construction site to serve as a basis for the estimate.
- Ensure that each project has a site-specific plan in place prior to construction
- Call in locates for excavation
- Enter, update, and maintain accurate inventory and change orders on builder plans
- Facilitate communication with field workers and superintendents
- Ensure Permits are pulled and up to date for each job location
- Build and maintain relationships with customers
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Learning Orientation
Expected Hours of Work:
Full-time (40 + hours)
Occasional travel to various job sites when needed
This job operates in a professional office environment, with occasional job site visit. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopies etc.
- Preferred Education level- College degree completion preferred within Construction or Project Management
- Strong verbal and written communication skills/professionalism
- CAD experience required
- Strong Computer competency in MS Office, Excel, Adobe, Google sheets
- Ability to learn new software (KMS Parallel, Builder specific softwares)
- Ability to navigate conflict both internally (with field employees and directors) and externally (with customers)
- Friendly Demeanor
- Ability to make common sense decisions and work independently within the scope of the position
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate well with both internal departments/employees and external customers/vendors.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to consistent follow-up in all areas of responsibility
- Customer service oriented
- Willing to serve others
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Kimbel Mechanical Systems, Inc., is Arkansas’ largest mechanical contractor performing work nationwide. We perform all phases of plumbing, HVAC and electrical work on projects such as single-family homes, apartments, condominiums, hotels and student housing. Kimbel offers employees year-round employment, top pay and great benefits with opportunities for professional growth, and much more. At Kimbel, your career is our priority. With a structured Career Path laid out in front of you the day you walk in the door, Kimbel dedicates its commitment and resources to ensure you reach your career goals. The people employed here play a major role in taking the company to the next level.