Pathways of Southwestern Pennsylvania 3.9★
PathWays is now offering a $1,200 SIGN ON BONUS!
Our Rainbow’s End Learning Center has an immediate opening for a Pre-K Counts Teacher. Rainbow’s End Learning Center was voted Best of the Best Daycare by the Observer Reporter in 2019 and we are so excited to continue providing high quality care to the children who attend our centers! We create meaningful experiences that empower children to contribute and connect to our community in significant ways. The Pre-K Counts Teacher works directly with children (ages 3 – 5) by providing pre-school instruction and curriculum. They will instruct children in engaging activities to promote social, physical, and intellectual growth needed for kindergarten or pre-kindergarten readiness. The Pre-K Counts teacher is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate environment to meet developmental goals for the children while adhering to all requirements sent forth by the Pre-K Counts Program.
Benefits of PathWays:
- EMPLOYER COVERED Medical, Dental and Vision Insurances: Insurance Coverage effective 1st of the month following date of hire! (Ex. Hire Date 6/20/22 Insurance Starts 7/1/22)
- Generous Vacation, PTO, and Sick Time (effective upon the completion of first 90 days)
- Employer Sponsored Life Insurance Policy
- Paid Holidays
- 403b Retirement Plans
FREE Washington EAP Services
- Employee Referral Program Bonus
- Employee Discounts with AT&T, Planet Fitness, Loan Forgiveness and more!
Some essential job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide direct care needs to the children as needed. Example: Changing diapers, toileting, feeding, attending to personal hygiene needs, etc.
- Develop lessons plans based on curriculum goals that are aligned with the state of PA Early Learning Standards
- Implement activities that meet the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social needs of their children and are consistent with the program curriculum, Pre-K guidelines, and stages of development.
- Create a safe and clean environment for all children and staff by daily cleaning of room and documentation of completion. Ensure that the children are always supervised.
- Responsible for maintaining the overall appearance of the classroom to promote current curriculum, seasons, holidays, and other classroom activities.
- Assisting the Director of Rainbow’s End with the development of curriculum and activities for the program.
- Develops an assessment system that is comprehensive and uses a variety of assessment strategies as appropriate and aligned to the Early Learning Standards; assessments are to be conducted at least three times over the course of the Pre-K Counts program year
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified Individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer. PathWays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field
- PA Teaching Certification in Early Childhood Education
- Submit an application for criminal clearance from Pennsylvania State Police Central Repository, Department of Human Services Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Clearance, PA Child Abuse Clearance, and National Sex Offender Registry Clearance prior to employment. An employee must have received the results of the PA Criminal Background Clearance or DHS FBI Clearance prior to beginning employment, if remaining clearance results are not received within 45 days, employee will be suspended.
- If employee resides outside of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or has not been a resident for 5 years prior to hiring, an application for a Department of Aging FBI criminal history record must be submitted prior to hiring. If completed FBI Criminal History Record is not received within 45 calendar days, employee will be suspended.
- Upon hire submit a health assessment and results of a Mantoux tuberculin skin test, obtain health assessment every two years.
- Ability to lift, turn, and move objects of up to and including 30 pounds. If over 30 pounds, must seek assistance.
- Ability to stand and move about freely for extended periods of time.
- Ability to travel to other PathWays locations and vendor locations.
- Ability to perform repetitious work in an office environment and use manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment.
- Physically capable of participation in physical management of children, including sitting, standing, running, walking, kneeling, stooping/bending, lifting, squatting, pushing, crawling, jumping, sliding, climbing, pinching, gripping, reaching over head, reaching away from body, and repetitive motion.
- Requires normal range of vision.