The Toro Company
Job title: Product Safety Engineer – Spartan Mowers
Company: The Toro Company
Job description: Who Are We?
The Intimidator Group, LLC was founded in Batesville, Arkansas in 2013 with the all-American, hardworking values they were raised with. Since then, the company has grown into several brands including Intimidator UTVs, Spartan Mowers, Bad Dawg Accessories, and eNVy Neighborhood Vehicles. Now part of The Toro Company family of brands – we are excited to be part of a growing, innovative organization and invite you to join our team! Intimidator is part of The Toro Company brands.
The Product Safety Engineer leads the development of Intimidator Group product safety policies and procedures. Represents Intimidator Group on pertinent domestic and international technical societies and standards organizations committees. Serves in a consultative capacity to the TTC Legal Department regarding worldwide response to product compliance concerns.
What Will You Do?
In order to grow and build a successful career with The Toro Company, you will be responsible for:
- Tracks safety and regulatory compliance status of divisional products and ensures that Intimidator Group teams meet their safety and regulatory compliance requirements prior to production and through product shipment release.
- Verify safety and regulatory compliance documentation:
- Construction and storage of technical files
- European Union risk assessment documents
- As necessary, works with third-party consultant to obtain certification and type-approvals for other global markets.
- Collaborates with Intimidator Group product development teams on product safety and regulatory worldwide compliance including:
- Evaluates and interprets U.S. and International product safety and regulatory standards to ensure divisional products meet all standards required for the markets they are sold into.
- Provides safety and regulatory related design guidance for product development teams.
- Evaluates updates to current standards and implements new requirements to existing and new products.
- Reviews all divisional operators’ manuals for safety messaging and compliance with standards.
- Reviews and assists in development of all safety and regulatory decals.
- Lead or assist in coordinating proactive safety reviews of all products.
- Lead and coordinate action plans for resolving identified safety issues in a timely manner.
- As appropriate, works with third-party certification bodies and third-party consultants to obtain global certifications.
- Serves as liaison to the Legal Department and works collaboratively with Legal on safety and regulatory compliance topics as well as in developing internal safety policies and practices and in developing new industry safety and regulatory standards
- Supports Legal on investigations and claims resolution
- Collaborates with other product safety engineers across the company
- Supports compliance to the Corporate Product Safety Policy and related guidelines.
- Participates in applicable specialization group activities, e.g. Battery Specialization Group .
- Perform other related duties as apparent or assigned.
What Do You Need?
To be considered for this role, an individual should meet the following minimal requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering; Agronomy, Mechanical, Mechatronic, Electrical, Engineering Technology, or Business Management.A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in the power equipment industry or similar industries with regulatory compliance requirements (i.e., Automotive, Aviation, Medical, etc.) with two plus years of supervisory experience. Has demonstrated exceptionally high level of competency in creativity, productivity and decision making over an extended period of time through successful completion of multiple projects.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude. Strong communication and organizational skills.
- MS Office (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) experience.
- Experience in a test engineering environment is highly desirable. Experience in agronomy and/or turf care business is desirable.
Engineer I-Min of 0-2 years experience
Engineer III- Min of 4-7 years experience
Engineer IV-Min of 7+ years experience
What Can We Give You?
At Spartan Mowers, we are always working to make sure our employees know just how valued they are. In addition to a competitive salary, an affordable and top tier medical/dental/vision plan, 401k, and many other great benefits – Spartan Mowers offers employees at our Batesville, AR location a variety of perks, including:
Dress for your day – We know you’re more productive when you’re comfortable, which is why employees are encouraged to take advantage of our casual, office-plant blended environment.
Wellness – In addition to physical wellbeing, TTC offers a variety of mental health, financial health, and other types of resources to every full-time employee.
Volunteerism – The Toro Company is proud to provide employees 20 hours of paid time to volunteer in the community.
Growth Opportunities – TTC prides itself on giving our employees the chance to grow their careers. Tuition reimbursement, opportunities to move into new areas of interest, and promotion opportunities are a few examples.
Competitive Salary – The pay range takes into account skills, experience, education, and location. It is not common to be hired at or near the top of the range; compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case.
#LI-Onsite #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Location: Conway, AR
Job date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 05:55:04 GMT
Click Here To Apply