- Communication skills
Founded in 1964, Cascades produces, converts and markets packaging and tissue products that are composed mainly of recycled fibers. The Company employs 11,000 employees, who work in more than 90 production units located in North America and Europe. With its management philosophy, half a century of experience in recycling, and continuous efforts in research and development as driving forces, Cascades continues to deliver the innovative products that customers have come to rely on.
Reporting to the Production Supervisor, this position is responsible for the setup of the converting machine, running orders to meet customer specifications, and conducting quality checks. This position is a full-time position
- Be able to operate a forklift to supply raw materials and other vital supplies to the line.
- Complete CILs (Clean, Inspect, and Lubricate) at the given time depending of the plan of the day.
- Document issues/defects on the defect board.
- Communicate issues/defects with your Crew Lead.
- Flow to work if the machine is waiting on product or downstream issues.
- Operate winder, rewinder, log saw, wrapper, case packer, palletizer and many more
- Troubleshoot machine operation issues
- Operate hand tools & pallet jacks
- Keep your work area clean an organized throughout the shift.
- Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot equipment issues
- Run to centre line
- Document and communicate centre line deviations
- Embrace new processes and process changes
- Complete audits (quality, traceability, etc.)
- Do safety interactions
- Follow LOTO procedures at all time when interacting with equipment
- Be able to trace and correct faults/machine defects
- Use your acquired skills without supervision
- Show personal initiative to learn and certify on converting equipment
- Be proactive. Take control of an issue before it happens rather than responding to it after it happens
- Recommend revisions to SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Demonstrate effective communication skills
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency
- Willing to work in a team based /cell environment and work a rotating shift. Hours of work and schedule will be determined by the company as necessary
- Maintain machines at target speeds
- Follow the Target sheet to ensure that your machine is running at the centreline speed for production
- Follow all Quality procedures mandatory in the Converting department
- Follow company policies, procedures and work instructions
- Set expectations for the surrounding staff to ensure we reach production
- Provide feedback to superiors to implement improvement to reach our target production
- Perform SOP’s correctly to properly execute a task
Operator KPIs will be your machine being safely ran at target speed, while completing all quality checks and obtaining an OEE of 45%. Your performance will also be measured with certifications. You will be required to obtain your certification on all equipment in the Converting Department. For Cascades to be the best that we can be we need operators that can run any equipment in the department safely, at target rates, and will perfect quality.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands
- Extended periods of walking, standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, reaching at or above shoulder level, stooping, crawling, climbing and kneeling.
- Must be able to operate different types of mobile equipment; Forklift, Scissor lift, etc..
- Vision requirements include far and close vision with depth perception and colour discrimination
- Working in a busy environment with frequent interruptions
- regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Working in a fast-paced environment with noise, dust, slippery surfaces, extreme heat/cold, with some exposure to outside elements
- Frequent overtime maybe required
- Must be available to work 12 hour rotating shifts, weekends and holidays, overtime and call-ins
Cascades believes in the success of an inclusive organization that values diversity within its team. All qualified candidates will be considered for this position in a fair manner.
Use of the masculine in our communications refers equally to both men and women.
Nearest Major Market: Augusta
Nearest Secondary Market: South Carolina
Job Segment: Industrial, Supply, Warehouse, Forklift, Manufacturing, Operations