Job title: Production Leader
Company: ZEON Chemicals Inc
Job description: Who We Are:
Do you want to work for a company named to the Best Places to Work in Rubber and Plastics? Zeon Chemicals is the leading developer and supplier of innovative polymers, including synthetic elastomers and specialty chemicals and other selected products used in countless applications worldwide. We develop superior elastomers for the hottest parts of automotive engines, polymers for longer lasting laser printer rolls, and synthetic rubber to survive oil wells’ most aggressive fluids.
Our team is outstanding at what they do, and we enjoy a great company culture and work environment. This combination truly makes us a best place to work!
This position manages the production operations of the Mississippi Plant to ensure the company’s business, economic and compliance targets are met, and is responsible for setting both tactical and strategic direction. This role ensures that operations conform to local, state, and federal governmental regulations, that all products are produced in accordance with specifications and expectations and executes initiatives to improve overall operational performance. Sets the direction of the production department, obtains and prioritizes resources in order to serve the customers and meet the company’s objectives.
Essential Job Functions/Accountabilities :
- Under the direction of the Plant Manager, sets tactical and strategic direction for the production units.
- Provides SHE (Safety/Health/Environmental) leadership and direction by actively and positively supporting and developing initiatives for site-wide SHE improvement.
- Accurately evaluates employee performance, coaching as necessary to achieve optimum performance and potential.
- Manages production planning/scheduling processes from raw material receipt through final production storage and shipment. Develop, implement, and track processes, procedures, and metrics.
- Develops and tracks key production performance indicators to ensure alignment with overall business objectives.
- Continually assesses key performance metrics driving a continuous improvement mindset.
- Participates in the development of the plant’s capital and expense spending budgets.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with commercial, marketing, and R&D teams.
- Partners with site/corporate SHE, Engineering, and Maintenance teams ensuring optimal site performance.
- Participates in cross-functional teams throughout Zeon to share and implement best practices.
- Monitors morale and motivation and fosters an atmosphere of teamwork through a participative management style that creates an environment emphasizing involvement and teamwork while providing an atmosphere of openness and trust.
- Perform long term and strategic planning such as budgets, capital plans, safety and environmental improvement plans, capacity and quality improvement plans and training and organizational development plans in order to meet the company’s objectives.
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of the Integrated Management System.
- Develops strategies and policies to ensure production teams achieve world class safety performance and the site has no adverse impact to the environment.
- Ensure all aspects of the production processes conform to PSM/RMP regulations.
- Operate a safe and environmentally sound plant by installing proper procedures, equipment, and training to meet or exceed all company, state and federal standards, laws, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to ISO 14001/45001 Standards, while driving a continuous improvement mindset to constantly enhance safety, health, and environmental performance.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with customers.
- Develops, implements, and continually improves the quality system in accordance with ISO 9001 standards. Provides expertise to lead plant in the development of standards, procedures, and systems to adhere to and enhance performance with respect to the quality system and standards.
- Updates manufacturing specifications, raw material specifications, finished product specifications, quality manual, and plant standards
- Identifies and executes operational performance improvements, manages production costs, continually assesses key performance metrics to increase efficiencies and yield, while reducing costs and waste.
- Ensure adequate manufacturing capacity, quality, service, and customer confidence by matching manufacturing capacity and service to sales forecasts and customer quality requirements.
- Control costs by installing and monitoring cost control systems for variable costs (raw materials & utilities), base costs (labor, maintenance and overhead) and capital.
- Partner with Corporate Productivity Leader to identify opportunities, share best practices, participate in benchmarking exercises, and report key performance indicators on OEE and cost metrics
- Leads in production and other plant problem solving efforts.
Bachelors degree in Chemical Engineering is required
- Minimum of fifteen years related experience in a chemical manufacturing environment, of which a minimum of 7 years include a strong track record of leading and supervising production teams of both salaried and hourly work groups
- Knowledge of typical manufacturing plant operating, quality and regulatory/compliance systems
- Excellent interpersonal and supervisory skills
- Ability to make long range plans and goals and be able to translate these plans into plant objectives and projects
- Must have excellent business systems experience
- Ability to work flexible schedules as necessary
- Must be able to manage time in an environment of changing and multiple priorities.
- Strong MS Office and personal computer knowledge is critical
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
Operations Coordinator, Lead Process Techs (4)
Sr. Process Tech (4), Process Techs (12)
Less than 10%
Office environment/Chemical Manufacturing Plant environment. Extensive time will be spent in the plant environment. Plant office environment with significant exposure to Plant elements. Plant environment is a multi-acre site that includes high noise levels, some exposure to fumes and dust, and at times working with hazardous materials. This position is expected to spend a significant portion of each shift walking through the plant up and down stairs and ladders as required to adequately direct activities in a large multi-acre facility.
Zeon employees enjoy growth opportunities as well as a highly competitive salary and benefits program.
Zeon Chemicals does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, physical or mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Job date: Sat, 06 Aug 2022 07:04:44 GMT
Click Here To Apply