Are you a leader with prior coaching/mentoring experience in a lean manufacturing environment?
Do you have a strong technical background?
Have you managed Production where you have interacted with team leaders, operators and others involved in plant activities?
If so . . . My client, Suominen/Bethune Nonwovens (Bethune, SC) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Production Manager for their facility in Bethune.
The purpose of this position is to manage manufacturing activities within an assigned manufacturing unit to ensure safety, regulatory and schedule compliance; cost containment, training and employee development.
Business Impact: Ensure uninterrupted logistic flow by effectively utilizing internal and external resources engaged in shipping, receiving, material handling, storage and transportation.
KPI’s for this position are: 1) Safety (To be defined), 2. OEE, 3. REM, and 4. EIBTDA / CM / DIO.
In this position, you will:
· Manage the work and activities of production team leaders, operators and external resources who are responsible for various operations activities within a plant
· Liaise with functional or other operational area managers to understand current and future needs and develop plans, cost estimates, and schedules for integrating these needs into existing operations’ activities (e.g. Process, Maintenance, Quality Assurance and Quality control, Engineering and Supply Chain).
· Develop and implement schedules, procedures, product and site processes and allocate labor and capital resources to maximize productivity and ensure availability level.
· Have oversight of performance improvement; safety, quality and environment; analyzing production, skill and competence development; maintenance and maintenance investments and inventory records to identify problems and recommend solutions.
· Contribute in prioritization, plans and manage operations processes (e.g., production, planning, delivery, and inventory) to minimize disruptions to production schedules.
· Implement and ensure adherence to operations core principles.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree
- Previous leadership and/or coaching experience in a manufacturing environment are essential.
- Excellent organizational/interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to deal with confidential information and be trustworthy.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills are required.
- Must be capable of motivating employees.
- PC Literacy is required; MS Office preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bethune, SC 29009: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
Work Location: One location