Provide leadership that will develop employees within the Production Department to accurately and timely process customer’s orders. Responsible for ensuring efficient production of quality products within assigned area; responsible for the effective supervision of floor personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and manage daily volume
- Supervises and coordinates the day to day activities of the employees who perform all screen print production duties
- Work with new hires or new operators, screen techs, ink techs on specific functions and duties
- Helps maintain Tech Sheets
- Expedites workflow based on production schedule and due date of production order
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and company procedures
- Helps standardize procedures to improve the efficiency of the production team
- Evaluate employee performance and provide consistent, timely feedback
- Set and communicate clear goals and expectations for the departments and employees
- Implement, support, and ensure the success of company initiatives within the departments
- Assure that established company procedures and policies are being adhered to and applied consistently
- Assure employees meet all company and department standards through regular review of productivity and activity audits
- Assure compliance of safety and environmental policies and regulations
- Ensure that proper physical and human resources are in place to accomplish goals. Provide staffing recommendations
- Develop employee competencies through on-going cross training and needs assessment
The work is done in a manufacturing environment. The noise level will range from moderate to high as well as some lifting required to aid in production.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to successfully manage within deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to drive, participate, and adapt to change in a positive manner.
- Strong team building and motivation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to delegate effectively.
- Ability to prioritize and set goals to achieve company objectives.
- Strong planning skills.
- PC application skills.
- Minimum 2-5 years in a supervisory role in the Apparel Printing Industry. Experience working in all phases of apparel printing process – graphic files, screen making, procurement, and printing.
- In depth knowledge of current equipment and service providers, both manual and automated.
- Experience in team building and problem solving.