Job title: Production Utility Operator
Company: Olin Corporation
Job description: Olin Winchester, LLC (“Winchester”), considered one of the world’s leading ammunition manufacturers, is seeking Production Utility Operators for 2 nd and 3 rd shifts. This position will be located at the Oxford, Mississippi facility. Utility Operators start at $17.75 per hour with an increase to $19.87 per hour after successfully completing 90 days.
Utility Operator Essential Functions*:
· Transport raw materials into the facility using industrial truck (forklift) and manual material handling equipment
· Remove finished product from the production floor and input into automated production reporting system
· Open boxes and lift materials onto tables from the floor area weighing up to 50 pounds
· Hand pack product into cartons using appropriate tools
· Safely use walk behind powered industrial trucks
· Utilize best work practices and housekeeping to ensure a clean and safe work environment
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Industrial truck (forklift) or equivalent manual material handling equipment experience
· Minimum of one (1) continuous year of recent work experience; manufacturing experience preferred
· Must be able to attend orientation and training on 1st shift before transitioning to either 2nd shift (3:30pm-11:30pm) or 3rd shift (11:30pm – 7:30am) primary assignment
· Ability and willingness to work overtime, including weekend hours
· Proficient in English language with reading, writing, and speaking
Physical Demands and Work Condition Requirements*:
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Ability to pass a physical, drug screen and background check if job offer is received and accepted
· Ability to pass a functional physical testing and be able to use standard safety equipment and wear all required personal protective equipment (in extreme hot/cold environments)
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Access to ITAR controlled technical data, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate’s ability to access ITAR controlled technical data pursuant to an export license approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, if required
· Successful vetting as an Employee Possessor in accordance with U.S. Department of Justice and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
What’s in it for you?
While many of our employees have worked at Olin for their entire career, we constantly strive to bring new people with new points of view into the company. Your career is important to us, and we work with you to create development plans that help you achieve your career goals.
Our employees enjoy the following employment enhancements and more:
· Paid parental leave and additional leave programs
· Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance effective on the first day of the month after 30 days
· Fertility Benefits (lifetime maximum $25,000)
· 401(k) with an employer match and retirement contribution account
· Accelerated vacation accrual
· Volunteer Paid Time Off Program
· Diverse Employee Networks
· Employee Ammunition Purchase Program
Who we are
Winchester is one of three proud business units of Olin Corporation. Olin began in 1892 and has steadily grown to become an industry leader in both ammunition and chemicals manufacturing. Winchester, Olin Chlor Alkali Products & Vinyls and Olin Epoxy employ approximately 8,000 professionals in more than 20 countries with customers in nearly 100 countries around the globe.
*This list is not intended to be all inclusive.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Oxford, MS
Job date: Thu, 16 Mar 2023 07:49:13 GMT
Click Here To Apply