At Dungarvin, you have the ability to make someone’s life better! Embrace the opportunity to change someone’s life by assisting people with disabilities. Providing personal and companion care at Dungarvin, you will have the ability to enhance the quality of life for individuals with disabilities.
Dungarvin is a national organization that assists individuals in need of supports in their homes as well as in their communities. We are currently looking to add another strong member to our superior team and are seeking to fill a Program Director position in our Portage, IN office. The Program Director is responsible for directing a team of skilled Direct Support Professionals in providing residential services and other supportive assistance to individuals with disabilities. The job responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and management of the overall operations, medical, financial, and maintenance aspects of an individual’s home.
- Responsible for overseeing implementation of individual support and behavioral plans, Dungarvin policies and procedures, assess the needs of an individual on a continual basis.
- Assure the applications and receipts of unearned income sources (ex- Medicaid, Social Security) and all applicable generic services on behalf of individuals served.
- Coordinate and facilitate communication for Interdisciplinary team members that may include case managers, day service representatives, family or legal guardians, and neighbors.
- Have a working knowledge of individuals’ current medical conditions. Oversee management of medication, doctor appointments, and maintain and review all documentation concerning medical information.
- Responsible for Interviewing, hiring, evaluations, and maintaining proper training and development of high quality staff for direct support professional positions.
- Maintain schedules for multiple sites; submit payroll information in a timely manner.
- Health, Dental, & Vision plans
- Very competitive wages
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Variety of other voluntary benefits offered
- Employee referral bonus program
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services (or a related field) is required.
- 1-2 years of Experience working directly with individuals with disabilities.
- Supervisory Experience
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
- Current Driver’s License
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.