Motor City Racks
(Subsidiary of Essex Weld Solutions)
We are a growing custom rack manufacturer located in Laurens South Carolina.
Motor City Racks provides packaging design, prototype and production to support Automotive, Agricultural, and Aerospace industries. We utilize the latest technology to enable rapid designs and provide our customers with the best packaging solutions. Here at Motor City Racks, we excel in custom fabrication, design services, and laser operations. We provide our customers with the best service in the industry and we believe that our employees are our most valuable asset, our pride is reflected in our skills, safety, and enthusiasm.
Now hiring Fulltime -Junior Program Manager
Are you seeking to join a great team, one in which your contributions are appreciated and acknowledged? If you are self-motivated and enjoy working in a manufacturing environment then consider joining our Dream Team today!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to, single point contact for project and or customer, providing technical expertise, quality control, material management, commercial management and change management, develop relationships & present a professional image of Motor City Racks, mandatory cross training in other positions as the business requires.
Oversee sales and ensure excellent customer relations. Reporting directly to the Sr. Program Manager
POSITION DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain customer contacts
- Track customer supplied materials & customer supplied drawings
- Update customers schedules for delivery
- Co-ordinate the clients engineering department and our engineering department
- Follow up quotes with feedback to Motor City Racks
- Actively seeking new business and follow up on each and every quote
- Attend weekly sales meetings
- Support and adhere to the Company Culture and Guiding Values
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Projects
- Participate in Contract Reviews and attend meetings as required
- Ability to read blue prints
- Excellent communication skills, attention to details, be well organized
- Program management experience
- Weld and or manufacturing experience
- Current curriculum in Metal Fabrication and/or Automotive Manufacturing is a plus
- Fluent in English oral and written.
- Engineering background
- Reliable transportation and willing to travel as the position requires.
- Prior experience with inside and outside sales is a plus
- Ability to monitor cost and any overruns
- Ability to build internal working relationships and work within a team atmosphere.
· Monday through Friday Schedule (typically)
· Health insurance
· Paid time off / PTO
· Dental insurance
· Vision insurance
· Life insurance
· Health savings account
· Employee assistance program
· Team Environment
· Casual Dress Code
· Company Cell phone
· Company Laptop
Job Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Enginineering: 1 year (Preferred)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (Preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location