Job title: Project Controls Lead
Company: BWX Technologies
Job description: Project Controls Lead – BWX Technologies, Inc. – Mount Vernon, Indiana
BWXT is seeking a Project Controls Lead to join our growing team in Mount Vernon, IN!
Project Controls Lead develops, implements and maintains the project Performance Measurement Baseline (PMB) in alignment with the contract and project scope of work to ensure that the project is on-track; identify variances, analyze impacts of variances; and take corrective actions as required.
- Interfacing with Project Management (PM), Procurement, Engineering, Operations, Quality and Accounting Departments to develop and maintain a detailed PMB for Scope, Cost and Schedule and an efficient system to control the PMB.
- Analyzing, evaluating and forecasting the current project status against the baseline plan, assessing the impacts of changes as well as variances, identifying root causes and developing recommendations for appropriate actions for recovery.
- Ensuring the Earned Value Management System (EVMS), control account analysis, trending, and change control are implemented and controlled per the EVMS System Description and applicable procedures.
- Identifying, analyzing, resolving, mitigating, eliminating, and managing risks that could adversely affect project completion.
- Performing analytical reviews and checks of PMB reporting documentation, and presenting status as well as forecast updates to PM and Project Team.
- Performing resource leveling and smoothing to identify resource needs and develop recommendations for hiring, training, outsourcing, etc.
- Utilizing performance data to aid in the development of Plant Health Metrics, Key Performance Indicators (KPI), and other data representation models as appropriate.
- Proactively lead program initiatives with value stream stakeholders focused on work prioritization, forecasting of labor resource demands, communication strategies for recovery plans, and risk mitigation.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Business Administration, Engineering, Construction Management or a closely related technical discipline with 6 years of related experience.
- Prior experience performing dynamic Critical Path Method (CPM) scheduling for manufacturing/construction operations utilizing Primavera, P6 PM Software.
- Strong knowledge of Scheduling/Estimating theory & Resource-Constrained scheduling.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and project stakeholders.
- Experience in coordinating manufacturing processes, productivity, and efficiency measurements.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with both internal and external customers.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- AACE or PMI Certification is highly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Primavera P6.
- Working knowledge of an Asset Management system (preferably SAP).
- Demonstrated Proficiency with cost, schedule and scope control using an Earned Value Management System.
- Prior experience with program development or project management.
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 and other health and safety protocols. As such, all BWXT new hires will be required to adhere to applicable Company COVID-19 requirements within the workplace as a condition of employment.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.
At BWX Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: BWXT), we are People Strong, Innovation Driven. Headquartered in Lynchburg, Va., BWXT provides safe and effective nuclear solutions for national security, clean energy, environmental remediation, nuclear medicine and space exploration. With approximately 6,400 employees, BWXT has 12 major operating sites in the U.S. and Canada. We are the sole manufacturer of naval nuclear reactors for U.S. submarines and aircraft carriers. Our company supplies precision manufactured components, services and fuel for the commercial nuclear power industry across four continents. Our joint ventures provide environmental remediation and nuclear operations management at more than a dozen U.S. Department of Energy and NASA facilities. BWXT’s technology is driving advances in medical radioisotope production in North America and microreactors for various defense and space applications. Follow us on Twitter at @BWXTech and learn more at .
Location: Mount Vernon, IN
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:50:53 GMT
Click Here To Apply