Job title: Psychosocial Rehab Assistant/Van Driver
Job description: Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Communicare is currently seeking a Psychosocial Rehab Assistant/Van Driver at our Panola County in Sardis MS.
- Provide transportation to Communicare clients as directed.
- Operate Communicare vans and vehicles and personal automobile as directed to transport clients.
- Conduct ongoing monitoring and adjustment of client pickup/drop off routes to maintain most efficient use of time and resources.
- Conduct and document daily inspection of Communicare vans as directed.
- Arrange and document routine maintenance and needed repairs on vans as directed.
- Maintain vans in required condition in accordance with Department of Mental Health Standards with regards to equipment, such as fire extinguishers, and supplies, such as first aid kits.
- Follow all Communicare regulations with regard to van operation.
- Interact with Communicare clients in a supportive and therapeutic manner as instructed by supervisor(s).
- Function as an integral part of the PSR (Psychosocial Rehabilitation) treatment team. Lead and assist in unit work as directed.
- Work a schedule determined by the PSR coordinator to best fit the needs of the department.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Pass a Communicare background check and drug screen. Communicare is a drug-free workplace.
- Insurable driving record, valid Driver’s license.
- Have access to reliable transportation and acceptable insurance on that vehicle.
- Ability to work effectively and compassionately with individuals suffering from psychiatric conditions.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a treatment team and follow supervisory directions.
Because we are the people who care, Communicare offers competitive benefits for full-time employees, including health protection plans, income protection, and paid time off.
Our popular benefits:
· Medical Insurance
· Critical Illness Insurance
· Life/AD&D/Long-Term Disability Insurance
· Dental/Vision/Term Life/Cancer coverage available
· Retirement Plan
· 403-B matching
· 11 Holidays per year
· 15 Annual Leave days per year (18 days after 3 years of employment)
· 15 Sick Leave per year
· Professional Development leave
· Jury leave
· Military leave
Expected salary: $9 per hour
Location: Sardis, MS
Job date: Mon, 13 Mar 2023 04:32:50 GMT
Click Here To Apply