Lexington Medical Center
Job title: Public Safety Assistant
Company: Lexington Medical Center
Job description: LHI Security Services
Consistently named best hospital, Lexington Medical Center dedicates itself to providing quality health services that meet the needs of its communities. Ranked #2 in the state and #1 in the Columbia metro area by U.S. News & World Report, Lexington Medical Center is the only hospital named one of the Best Places to Work in South Carolina.
The 607-bed hospital anchors a health care network that includes five community medical centers and employs nearly 8,000 health care professionals. The network includes a cardiovascular program recognized by the American College of Cardiology as South Carolina’s first HeartCARE CenterTM and an accredited Cancer Center of Excellence affiliated with MUSC Hollings Cancer Center for research and education. The network also features an occupational health center, the largest skilled nursing facility in the Carolinas, an Alzheimer’s care center and nearly 80 physician practices.
The Public Safety Assistant maintains a proactive presence, located outside, at strategic entrances to assist patients, visitors and guests with entering/exiting vehicles, utilizing wheelchairs, directing vehicular traffic and campus wayfinding. Assists in the transportation of passengers to and from parking lots.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: None.
Substitutable Education & Experience (Optional): None.
Required Certifications/Licensure: Must have and maintain a valid South Carolina driver’s license and acceptable Motor Vehicle record and background screening as outlined in the Vehicle Safety policy (Subject to annual Motor Vehicle Record review and satisfactory results).
Required Training: Ability to read and write English fluently and follow both written and oral directions
- Greets and welcomes as many patients/visitor/guests as possible. Serves as an ambassador for the organization.
- Ensures efficient flow of vehicular and pedestrian traffic at assigned entrances. Redirects delivery and other vehicles to rear/other parking locations to maintain safe, clear and open visitor driving lanes.
- Ensures assigned entrance is clean, safe and inviting for patients, visitors and guests.
- Safeguards patient while the family member or guest parks their vehicle.
- Assists patients, visitors and guests with entering and exiting their vehicles, as necessary.
- Assists patients, visitors and guests into and out of a wheelchair, as necessary.
- Ensures a continual supply of wheelchairs are available at all times.
- Provides accurate and timely directions to include building, floor, physician, group or suite.
- Memorize the location of physician practices to provide immediate directional assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides guidance on available parking.
- Maintains effective communication with Guest Services staff to facilitate transportation needs.
- Maintains effective communication with practice office staff, as appropriate.
- Calls on Public Safety staff to ticket, tow or otherwise deal with parking/delivery violators.
- Safely and efficiently transports passengers to and from assigned parking areas to specific drop-off areas on the Lexington Medical Center campus.
- Promptly problem solves and addresses the needs of patients, visitors and staff to ensure timely presence to appointments.
- Works effectively with volunteer staff.
- Any other request assigned by management.
- The above is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties. Performs all other duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Employees are eligible for enrollment into the 403(b) match plan day one. LHI matches dollar for dollar up to 6%.
- Employer paid life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Employee may elect supplemental life insurance with low cost premiums up to 3x salary
- Adoption assistance
- LHI provides its full-time employees employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of LMC to provide equal opportunity of employment for all individuals, and to remain compliant with applicable state and federal laws and regulations. LMC strives to provide a discrimination-free environment, and to recruit, select, on-board, and employ all employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions, including but not limited to, lactation. LMC endeavors to upgrade and promote employees from within the hospital where possible and consistent with the employee’s desires and abilities and the hospital’s needs.
Location: West Columbia, SC
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 08:54:19 GMT
Click Here To Apply