Please note that we do not currently have this position available at this time; however, we want to be proactive in our ever-changing environment and hope to continue gathering applications and amazing candidates for when the position comes available in the future.
Don’t let the word “bank” fool you. Neighbors Bank is not your typical bank, and our Qualification Specialists are paving a new path forward in this industry. This is a great fully-remote opportunity for those with the right motivation level, regardless of experience.
We are seeking motivated, remote employees from around the country to be on the front lines of growing our bank, who thrive while working “non-standard” business hours, including both evenings and weekends.
As a Qualification Specialist, you will learn the ins and outs of a variety of loan products while playing a key role in fulfilling Neighbors Bank’s vision of making home buying more achievable for all. You will be the borrower’s first contact with our bank as you help them weigh options and blaze the path to realizing their dreams of homeownership.
No mortgage experience is necessary, but being a self-starter, intelligent, and great communicator – both written and verbal (over the phone with potential borrowers and on Zoom with co-workers) is required. Your educational background is not as important as your overall talent and ability to learn quickly. This is a competitive position, and candidates will be given an assessment to see how they compare to current high-performers.
The People and the Culture are Neighbor’s Bank’s greatest strengths, which is why finding the right people that are a good culture fit is so important. Individuals that 1) can be passionate about their job and have fun doing it, 2) will deliver results with integrity, and 3) enjoy finding ways to enhance the lives of others every day will contribute to bolstering this strength.
Are you ready to join an innovative, agile company with a start-up feel, striving to shake up how mortgages are done?
Job duties will vary upon assignment but may include:
- Make initial contact and respond promptly to customer inquiries to collect borrower financial and credit information.
- Educate borrowers on loan process and mortgage product choices.
- Interview borrowers to obtain and/or verify information and documentation.
- Analyze borrowers’ credit for prequalification or denial of loan applications.
- Process borrower credit information through online approval system.
- Inform borrowers on future loan documentation requests, including borrowers’ income and asset information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Do these features below sound like you?
- Thrive in remote working environment.
- Flexible, and highly adaptable to change
- Passionate inside and outside the workday
- Unmatched work ethic.
- High attention to detail.
- Excel in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Thrive in a highly cooperative work setting.
- Exemplary customer service skills with previous experience.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- NMLS licensed or become licensed upon employment.
Veterans United Home Loans and its affiliates are proud to be Equal Opportunity Employers committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected classifications.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
- Can you, after employment, submit verification of your legal right to work in the United States for any employer?
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status)?
- Can you perform the essential functions of this position with or without a reasonable accommodation?
- Are you subject to any type of agreement with a current or former employer or entity that would restrict your ability to work at Neighbors Bank to which you have applied (e.g., non-compete, confidentiality, non-disclosure)?
- Neighbors Bank appreciates the efforts and sacrifice of our military and their families. We value your experiences and aim to review veteran and military spouse applications as soon as possible. Neighbors Bank is proud to be an EOE/ADA and Military Friendly employer. Are you a service member, veteran, or military spouse?
Work Location: Remote