- Communication skills
- Driver’s License
- Mechanical knowledge
- The QA Technician role is to ensure/verify that work performed with a Mandatory Inspection Point (MIP) is reviewed and meets prescribed requirements supporting the Stennis Space Center Test Complex.
Company Conformance Statement In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Employees are required to:
- Comply with all applicable safety- and health-related rules, regulations, and procedures;
- Work safely themselves and help their teammates work safely;
- Assist supervisors and managers in identifying and mitigating potentially hazardous conditions; and
- Help the organization maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- While it is the responsibility of each employee to comply with all company policies and procedures, emphasis should be given to established safety and health requirements including but not limited to wearing proper Personal Protective Equipment and timely reporting of accidents and mishaps.
- Performs inspection and oversight/verification activities prescribed by requirements and work authorizing documents. These activities are typically associated with tasks that require independent verification of correct performance of work activity.
- The inspector’s tasks may include, but are not limited to, verification of dimensions, work performance, compliance to documented requirements and acceptance of completed tasks.
- Inspector requirements are controlled by MIPs WAD ‘Work Authorization Documents’. There are typically 4 MIP types that are used for Quality Surveillance action.
o Inspection for MAWP ‘Maximum Allowable Working Pressure’
o Surveillance for maintaining a specific Clean Level.
o Inspection for System Leaks called ‘Leak checks’
o Witness Proof loading
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have hands on knowledge of high pressure and cryogenic systems.
- Preferred 3+ years experience performing operational support as a Mechanical Technician at NASA SSC Test Complex or equivalent.
- Familiar with condensable fluids, gaseous sample cylinders, and Millipore filter sampling.
- Familiar with cleanliness requirements in NASA RPT-STD-8070-0001 and/or other Aerospace standards.
- Familiar with SSC Calibration requirements of Test Ops components and instruments.
- Physical effort involving able average standing, sitting, walking or detail work.
Occasional risk of injury due to hazards.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to (50%):
- Climb structures such as test stands, stairs, and ladders.
- Meet physical requirements for access of confined spaces (< 5%).
- Meet physical requirements for use of fall protection / personal fall arrest systems (< 10%).
Special Knowledge and Skills
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good Communication skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to work with computers
- Ability to work independently but follow specific detailed instructions
- Ability to interface with various levels of personnel in a multi-cultural, team- oriented environment
- Must be a U.S. Citizen in order to obtain required NASA badge.
- Must be able to provide a certified Birth Certificate (with state seal), Passport, or INS Citizenship documents on date of hire (candidate will be sent home if this paperwork is not provided upon arrival on date of hire).
- Must have the ability to communicate the English language, both verbally and written, in an effective manner.
- Must have, and maintain, a valid driver’s license.
S3 is a government contractor subject to the executive order requiring employees to be vaccinated unless they qualify for an exemption due to religious accommodation or for medical reasons. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please indicate in your applicant section of your application and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.