TITLE: Quality Manager
REPORTS TO: President
# DIRECT REPORTS: 0
ORIGINATION DATE: 11.12.17
Manage quality system and perform all the duties for compliance.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
· QA Manager with food safety experience. Maintain and support vital Food Quality and Safety Programs including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP),
· Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
· Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs)
· Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
· SQF compliance
· Allergen Control, etc.
· Assist Leadership with various Regulatory inspections at the facility.
· Implement and train on policies and procedures.
· Provide technical and quality resources to production through R&D, GMPs, Sanitation
· Process/Equipment support and ingredient and product wholesomeness.
· Print labels
· Adjust labels
· Review labels for customers and Davis
· Review lab results and approve or disapprove
· Certifications – processing and reporting
· Ingredient search and order
· Approval for customer ingredient
· COA – incoming and outgoing
· Pest control
· Building inspection
· Technical sheet
· Training new employees
· Maintain training records
· Corrective actions and preventative actions
· Monitor cleaning suppliers
· Monitor online website stores
· GS1 –
· SQF certification
· Updating SDS sheets for customers
· Using HACCP and BRC principles, maintain the daily safety and quality of products and report any defects to production management for improvement
· Collect and retain samples to be analysed for shelf life testing and micro testing
· Send out product for 3rd party lab testing
· Ensure correct packaging is utilized for each product group
· Ensure pallets are stacked correctly and the number of layers are accurate
· Ensure product specifications are regularly checked/ audited for compliance. Best before dates, weight, packaging etc.
· Verify the cleaning schedule daily before production commencement
· Perform calibration of metal detectors
· Accurate reporting of data and liaison of defects with Production Manager/Supervisor – Build quality relationship with the operations team
· Ensure all required paperwork and job tasks are performed in full and on time
· Ensure all production employees are wearing appropriate items and following personal hygiene procedures
· Mentor behavior and personal practices and processes of everybody that has access to operations areas
· Contribute to a culture that promotes the safety and well-being of all employees
· Actively promote and support, through your day-to-day behavior, the Company Vision, Values and Code of Conduct
· Foster a trusting, inclusive and mutually supportive environment and treat each individual with dignity, integrity and respect 2 / 3
· Provide positive coaching to all employees
· Actively promote teamwork, involve all team members in issues affecting the team
· Lead by example at all times
· Strict compliance with all True Foods systems, standards, policies and procedures
· Comply with OH&S, HACCP and BRC standards
· Promoting safety and risk management initiatives
· Handle dough and bread products in a hygienic and appropriate manner
· Ensure the factory is clean/tidy and abides by GMP standards at all times
· Ensure activities meet with and integrate with organisational requirements for; expected workplace behaviors, quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environment policies and general duty of care
Training & Development
· Attend and complete all training as required
· Ensure knowledge of food regulatory requirements by maintaining industry contacts
· Attend external seminars where required Qualifications:
· Food Science Degree (or similar)
· Food Manufacturing knowledge or relevant industry experience
Skills & Knowledge:
· SQF Practitioner
· Excellent team player with very good verbal and written communication skills
· Strong attention to detail with a proactive approach to quality issues
· Excellent time management and organisational skills
· Sound understanding of HACCP, Food Safety and GMP systems
· Understanding and demonstrated practice of food hygiene and food handling concepts
· Competence in the use of computers and computer software, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel, for the purposes of preparing documentation
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Accountability through action
Decision making capabilities
Professionalism / Measurements
Relationships with operations
Relationships within the Technical Department
Development of Technical Assistant
Accurate completion of job tasks in full and on time
To have eaten much chocolate.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
· It’s necessary to have verbal and written communication skills sufficient to communicate product information with customers and sales representatives.
· Basic skills that are performed are word processing, email tasks, power point.
· Prefer some knowledge with computer programs (Excel, Word, and other relevant programs).
· Strong ability to plan, prioritize, initiate and complete tasks.
· Hard worker
· Motivated and proactive
· Strong initiative and self-direction
· Ability to work individually and also as part of a team
· Professionalism and courteousness
· Excellent communication skills
PHYSICAL/SENSORY/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL
§ Have the ability to sit up for four (8) hours a day.
§ Have the ability to operate a computer key board and view computer screen for up to four (8) hour per day.
§ Analytical ability to identify problem, determine causes, apply technical product knowledge and recommend remedial action.
§ Have the ability to do mathematical computations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages for pricing.
§ Must be able to bend down, stoop, reach and stretch to reach above the head.
§ Lift 25+ pounds
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
Anyone in production needs to wear a mask. Outside production a mask needs to be worn if they are not vaccinated.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mishawaka, IN: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- HACCP: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location