Job title: Radiology Technologist – Imaging Support Services PRN
Job description: Job Description:
We Are Hiring
Department: Imaging Support Services
Schedule: PRN – The hours that need covered could range from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday – Friday in our three Outpatient Locations
Hospital: Ascension St Vincent Anderson
Location: Anderson In
Various health insurance options and wellness plans
Retirement benefits including employer match plans
Paid time off, Parental leave & adoption assistance
Long-term and short-term disability
Employee Assistance programs
Ways to give back to your community
Benefits can vary. Please note, your Talent Advisor can provide specifics to the role should you have questions.
Why Join the Ascension St Vincent Anderson Family? We are a faith based health system that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth.
Join our team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality healthcare!
What You Will Do
Take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepare and position patients for imaging and select exposure factors accurately.
- Prepare and administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observe patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitor protocols and recommend updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevent patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensure prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensure equipment is properly functioning. Report potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assist in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Position patients and select anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
What You Will Need
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- BLS Provider obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date required. American Heart Association or American Red Cross accepted.
- Radiologic Technologist credentialed from the Indiana Medical Radiology Services Program obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date required.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate’s degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team
Serving the greater Indianapolis area and Evansville, Indiana, Ascension St. Vincent has been providing rewarding careers in healthcare for over 148 years. We operate 24 hospitals — in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more — and offer careers in a wide range of services. We provide generous paid time off for work-life balance, a collaborative work environment, professional development opportunities, and more to help our associates flourish personally and professionally. When you join Ascension St. Vincent, you join a diverse team of more than 15,000 associates and 3,000 providers who are dedicated to providing compassionate, personalized care to all — especially to those most in need. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, explore a career with us today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension St. Vincent is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Location: Anderson, IN
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 07:42:03 GMT
Click Here To Apply