Job title: Re-Hire – Highway Patrol State Trooper
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
Enforce all vehicle laws and other criminal laws. Patrol the highways of the state of South Carolina. Investigate collisions. Serve as a witness in criminal and civil courts. Maintain reports concerning enforcement activities. Provide information to the public regarding vehicle laws. Responsible and accountable for handling public funds.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be a former South Carolina DPS Officer or Trooper who separated from the agency in good standing and meets all qualifications to be hired.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal job functions of a State Trooper.
- Must be a resident of South Carolina and have a valid South Carolina driver’s license.
- If you are an out-of-state applicant, you must be a resident of South Carolina and have a valid South Carolina driver’s license prior to the effective date of hire.
- All qualified applicants will be required to participate in an extensive background investigation to include a credit check, criminal history check, driving history, history of drug use, employer and reference checks, polygraph, and interview board.
- Candidates are also often required to undergo a medical screening, which consists of a TB and medical exam, drug test, and eye examination.
- Candidates must also be capable of distinguishing, without corrections, three colors: green, yellow, and red.
The employment process for a rehire applicant will depend on the total time away from the agency and the SC Class 1 Certification status.
Your starting salary at hire will depend on your previous rank at SCDPS and your total time as an SC Class 1 Certified Law Enforcement Officer. A rehire applicant cannot be hired above the rank of Master Trooper.
County Assignments are based on the critical needs areas.
NEW $5,000 Sign-On Bonus
Will be awarded upon successful completion of all required field, basic and Criminal Justice Academy Class 1 (One) certification training. * One payment of $2,500 after successful completion of all established training requirements.
- Another payment of $2,500 after successful completion of eighteen (18) months of continuous employment with the Department.
The South Carolina Department of Public Safety is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), or national origin. The department prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), or national origin.
Location: South Carolina
Job date: Thu, 22 Sep 2022 07:54:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply