University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: REG Diag Sonographer ECHO/VASC PRN (CS)
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00020974
Job Category: Health System
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: REG Diag Sonographer ECHO/VASC PRN (CS)
Job Summary: To utilize equipment to perform ultrasound diagnostic procedures, making use of sonic energy to produce visual images of organs, tissues, or blood flow inside the body for interpretation and diagnosis by a physician. To schedule patients, maintain equipment, report equipment failures, and perform quality assurance
Education & Experience
Graduated from an accredited program.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: BLS is required, it can be obtained within the first ninety (90) days of hire.
Registry in one of the below specialties applicable to your work area:
o Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
o Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS)
o Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
o Canadian Registered Cardiac Sonographer (CRCS)
o Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals (CARDUP)
o Registered Vascular Tech (RVT) from (ARDMS)
o Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of anatomy and physiology. Knowledge of knowledge of ultrasound physics and instrumentation. Patient management skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications. Ability to maintain records. Ability to allay patient anxiety.
- Performs clinical assessment and diagnostic sonography examinations utilizing special equipment and devices.
- Explains testing procedures to patient, obtains and records medical history relevant to the condition being viewed, selects appropriate equipment settings, and positions the patient in a manner to facilitate optimum diagnostic results.
- Views, records, and analyzes images on screen; judges whether images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes; communicates findings to appropriate personnel; maintains imaging data records, data tracking, and scheduling information.
- Maintains adequate supplies, equipment, and work area; reports equipment failures to supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for patient safety; provides physical and psychological comfort to patient.
- Promotes continuous improvement in workplace safety, environmental, exposure control, and/or infection control practices.
- If serving in a lead role: performs the routine duties of a diagnostic sonographer. Maintains the supplies in the department.
- If serving in a lead role: ensures equipment is functioning correctly and puts in service calls when they are warranted.
- If serving in a lead role: assists the manager in the ACR accreditation process.
- If serving in a lead role: ensures the department is properly staffed on a daily basis and assists in scheduling.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires frequent exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, constant exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, occasional sitting, frequent standing, frequent twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Part time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 40
Work Shift: Rotating
Benefits Eligibility: Non-Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 03/10/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified): 03/15/2023
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sun, 12 Mar 2023 08:56:46 GMT
Click Here To Apply