Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Job title: Registered Nurse Ambulatory
Company: Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Job description: Responsibilities
With a commitment to patient- and family-centered care, the professional nurse uses the nursing process in ways that values the uniqueness of each individual and addresses the physical, psychological, emotional, and social needs of the diversity of patients served by Jefferson Health Primary Care. As an integral member of the of the primary care clinical team, the primary care nurse effectively collaborates with providers and support staff and provides clinical nursing interventions. S/he communicates effectively and respectfully with patients to address individualized needs and priorities of patients that are consistent with their cultural beliefs and values. Must maintain a current nursing license in the state of practice.
- Integrates Evidence-Based Practice, clinical expertise, patients, their family/designated care partner(s) preferences and cultural beliefs and values for delivery of optimal healthcare
- Collaborates and communicates with primary care providers regarding patient care and management; supports efficient and timely communication between primary care providers and specialists.
- Supports implementation of clinical care pathways for common primary care conditions and participates actively in quality improvement opportunities
- Utilizes evidence-based ambulatory care nursing interventions during clinical visits, telephone encounters, and electronic communication
- Provides patient, their family/designated care partner(s) education for preventive care, chronic disease management, and medication management, and management of common illnesses treated in the primary care setting
- Documents all patient and their family/designated care partner(s) interactions and clinical care in electronic medical record (EMR) and nursing care given according to organizational standards and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Performs care coordination for patients i.e. abnormal results, triage, RN verification of vaccinations and other injections, management of in-baskets. (prior authorizations and forms)
- Oversees clinical care essential to the assessment, promotion, maintenance and restoration of patients’ health and wellness.
- Functions effectively within primary care inter-professional teams, fostering open communication, mutual respect, and shared decision-making to achieve quality patient care.
- Recognizes patient and their family/designated care partner(s) in providing safe, compassionate and coordinated care based on respect for patient’s preferences, priorities, needs, and cultural beliefs and values.
- Knowledge and application of pharmacology as it relates to primary care practice including medications used to treat patients and immunizations for preventive care.
- Knowledge of nursing and medical terminology; ability to assess ailments and injuries of patients to triage appropriately
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required; BSN or completion of BSN within 3 years of hire strongly preferred.
2+ years’ experience as a Nurse, in primary care or ambulatory setting preferred
Minimum Certifications, Registration or License Requirements:
Current RN licensure in state of employment; AHA BLS certification
Conditions of Employment
Since this position will require the selected candidate to engage in regular contact with children in the form of care, guidance, supervision or training, you will be required to meet the requirements of the Child Protective Services Act, including the Pennsylvania State Police criminal background check, the Pennsylvania Department of Welfare child abuse criminal background clearance, and an FBI finger print based federal criminal records check. The selected candidate will not be allowed to commence working until all three (3) are completed satisfactorily.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet®-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson’s mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Location: Bala Cynwyd, PA
Job date: Sun, 21 May 2023 07:56:07 GMT
Click Here To Apply