Job title: Registered Nurse-Full Time-Night- Med/Surg-Sign on Bonus and Relocation Bonus-Available-New Grads Apply
Company: Indiana University Health
Job description: Job Description:
IU Health Bedford is a Critical Access hospital serving Lawrence and surrounding counties. We are proud to be recognized by the ANCC as a Pathway to Excellence facility that is committed to creating a positive practice environment that empowers and engages our team. Our Medical Surgical unit contains 40 Semi-Private Beds, and cares for a variety of conditions for all adult patients. The most common conditions treated include stroke, TIA, diabetes management, pancreatitis, and wound management, and post-surgical plus much more. Our nursing family consists of Charge Nurses, Primary Care RN’s, Patient Care Assistants, and a Unit Clerk. We offer a variety of services to our patients including 24/7 Respiratory Care Services, Radiology, Visiting Specialty Service Consultations, Hospitalist Program, and Telemedicine.
Nursing skills gained through working on this unit include Stroke Certification and the ability to care for a wide range of patient conditions. You will gain immense knowledge in a place you’ll be happy to call home. Certification is encouraged and supported. Robust onboarding program which includes personal coaches and mentors. New Graduates Welcome. We are committed to providing a comprehensive, personalized support system to new graduate nurses to help you transition to the role of professional nurse.
Once hired to a department, alongside nursing orientation, all new graduate nurses in their first nursing role will have the opportunity to participate in a Nurse Residency Program called “Transition to IU Health Nursing Practice.” The Nurse Residency program goals are to provide socialization and support, enhance clinical judgment, and promote professional development.
Looking for growth in your career? We’d love to meet you!
Being an IU Health nurse means building a professional nursing career crafted by you, with competitive benefits, a culture that embraces your outstanding strengths, and supports your personal and professional goals. If you are seeking an organization where you can engage professionally, develop clinical expertise, foster learning, cultivate new relationships, and fuel your spirit of inquiry, join us!
Shift Hours: 5-5, Every Third Weekend (unless on special weekend option program)
Average Nurse to Patient Ratio is 1:5-6 (acuity based)
· Requires an Associate’s of Nursing (ASN); Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) preferred.
· Requires that the RN has graduated from a nationally accredited nursing program.
· Requires current state of Indiana license as Registered Nurse.
· Requires Basic Life Support certification through the AHA
- Indiana University Health has more than 34,000 team members, including more than 3,600 physicians and 1,200 advanced practice providers, and we’re home to the largest nursing network in Indiana with more than 9,000 nursing team members at over 800 sites of care.
- Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system with hospitals and specialties ranked among the nation’s best by U.S. News & World Report.
- A unique partnership with the Indiana University School of Medicine – one of the nation’s largest medical schools – gives patients access to groundbreaking research and innovative treatments, and it offers team members access to the latest science and the very best training – advancing healthcare for all.
- With 16 hospitals, including eight with Magnet designation and five with Pathways to Excellence designation, our team members are leading the way through excellence.
- At Indiana University Health, your personal and professional growth is a top priority. You will have access to many diverse opportunities to learn and develop in meaningful ways that matter most to you, such as advanced clinical training, leadership development, promotion opportunities and cross training development.
- Indiana University Health is invested in the lives of Hoosiers, leading the transformation of healthcare to make Indiana one of the nation’s healthiest states.
About the Team: Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive health system, with 16 hospitals and more than 34,000 team members serving Hoosiers across the state. We’re looking for team members who are inspired by challenging and meaningful work for the good of every patient. People who are compassionate and serve with a purpose. People who aspire to excellence every day.
Location: Bedford, IN
Job date: Thu, 23 Jun 2022 07:52:01 GMT
Click Here To Apply