Job title: Registered Nurse II-Orangeburg
Company: State of South Carolina
Job description: Job Responsibilities
Careers at DHEC: Work that makes a difference!
Pursuing Excellence, Inspiring Innovation, Promoting Teamwork and Embracing Service
Under direct supervision of the team leader and minimal supervision of the site supervisor, provides confidential, culturally competent direct patient care and comprehensive preventive health services, including counseling, treatment, and referral to individuals in the Preventive Health program area. Utilizes the nursing process and approved training in evaluating and accurately documenting client encounters/outcomes. Promotes wellness through activities geared towards prevention and reduction of risk factors, early detection and identified health problems.
- Provides direct patient care to public health clients; initiates appropriate interventions; counsels, instructs and educates clients based on identified needs; and involves the client in decision-making. Provides referrals per program/agency policy and follow up as indicated. Administers vaccines, medications and / or treatments according to agency standing orders and/ or as ordered by licensed Physician or Advance Practice Nurse Practitioner. Provides HIV screening, emergency contraception and options counseling.
- Conducts appropriate laboratory test and specimen collection; adheres to CLIA and OSHA regulations; and participates in CQI/QA activities. Performs follow-up for abnormal laboratory test results per program policy.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team to plan strategies to reach program goals, problem solve and make suggestions for improvement, especially in areas with a high prevalence of infection/disease.
- Participates in appropriate staff development/continuing CPR certification.
- Completes and submits monthly PCAS and other required reports within agency guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
State Minimum Requirements: Licensure as a registered nurse by the South Carolina Board of Nursing. Some positions require a valid driver’s license. Also, some positions require certification in Basic Life Support and/or Basic/Advanced Cardiac Life Support. Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Institutions of Higher Learning must be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Agency Additional Requirements: A Bachelor’s degree in Nursing and current license to practice Nursing in the State South Carolina.
Must have the ability to plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion according to schedules and goals. Must have the ability to communicate effectively and deal courteously with the public. A thorough knowledge of general nursing practices is required. The ability to do individual health teaching and counseling is also required. Must possess a valid driver’s license and use of personal vehicle. The ability to use community resources in providing health care and to establish and maintain effective working relationships is also required. Must become CPR certified within first six months, and then as required.
Employee must be able to lift a minimum of thirty (30) pounds. Must be able to reach, bend, and stoop. Employee may be required to work evenings (after 5 pm) or Saturday clinic and participate in community outreach activities. Employee must be able to participate in an emergency or major disaster.
Two (2) years nursing experience in a health care setting preferred.
Immunization: All new employees who are healthcare providers are required to provide documentation of immunity or be immunized against Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Pertussis, Varicella, and Hepatitis B prior to beginning employment.
Public Health staff with job-specific risk of COVID-19 exposure who choose not to receive the COVID-19 vaccine or provide documentation of prior vaccination, or who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical contraindications or religious exemption, will be required to receive routine periodic COVID-19 testing by DHEC. Vaccinated employees will not be required to receive periodic testing but may elect to be tested to monitor their health status.
State Disaster Plan: In accordance with the State’s Disaster Plan, which includes hazardous weather, DHEC employees may be required to work in times of an emergency or disaster.
College Transcripts: Applicants indicating college credit or degree(s) on the application may upload an unofficial copy of the transcript as an attachment to the application. Please note that the agency will require an official, certified copy of the transcript or diploma prior to hiring.
Driving Record: If this position requires the applicant to possess a valid driver’s license to operate a state vehicle or personal vehicle, any applicant being considered in the final stages of selection for the position will be required to provide a certified copy of a 10-year driving record.
SC DHEC is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employing agency. We are committed to a diverse workforce. SC DHEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information.
Expected salary: $54173 – 62173 per year
Location: Orangeburg, SC
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 07:38:45 GMT
Click Here To Apply