SaintJoseph Health System
Job title: Registered Nurse/RN, Med/Surg Step Down
Company: SaintJoseph Health System
Job description: Employment Type: Full time Shift: 12 Hour Day Shift
Description: $8700 Sign On Bonus
Responsible and accountable for implementing, directing, communicating, and documenting the nursing process in accordance with current established standards of care and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act. The Registered Nurse is a patient advocate who provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, and associates.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information. Adheres to all state, federal, and local laws and standards as they relate to the ethical and legal compliance plans and policies. 3. Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting data.
4. Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems.
5. Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others, and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and implementation of patient care.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care appropriate to the age of the patient.
7. Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other nursing team members.
8. Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of patient’s response.
9. Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates appropriate response. 10. Provides patient and family teaching.
11. Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and teaching plans based on the patient’s response.
12. Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication administration.
13. Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by individual department standards.
14. Assists with orientation of new employees.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of an accredited RN program. Effective March 1, 2015, all newly employed RNs will be required to have a BSN or be prepared to complete their BSN within 3 years of hire.
Licensure: RN Indiana License. CPR certification on hire or able to attain within 60 days.
Other Job Requirements:
Communicating effectively both orally and in writing.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Location: Plymouth, IN
Job date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 08:56:22 GMT
Click Here To Apply