Calgon Carbon | A Kuraray Company currently has an opportunity where you can be a part of our growing team as we provide our customers outstanding products that make the air we breathe and the water we use safe for generations to come.
Position: Reliability Engineering Manager
Location: Pearl River – Bay St. Louis, MS
The Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for driving equipment and component improvements for manufacturing maintenance and projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to):
- Technical Expertise
- Plan Responsibilities • Actively participate in the development of the capital and expense plan for BSP and PRP. • Perform investigation with plant personnel and learn the process related to each effort then provide technical data and specs to support the improvement. Scope Responsibilities • Review scope developed by PM assigned or manager in the cost center for improvements which require technical assistance. • Assist in cost estimations; however, PM or manager is responsible for choice of costing method. T&M, fixed cost, T&M not to exceed or other methods are typical. • Review/communicate as a team to plant employees what problem we are aware of and what is proposed for a solution. This will occur as part of a team of maintenance and operation persons responsible for the improvement. • Actively seek opportunities to develop secondary elements if needed for improvement to scope. • Communicate any details developed through emails, whiteboards, meetings, etc. Improvement Execution • Assist in writing requisitions if no work order is needed and the technical drawings or specs need to be attached to the PO. • Assist in managing timeline of implementation and commissioning on efforts which have this need. • Utilize plant labor for assistance when appropriate and communicate with manager of cost center. • Actively participate in team meetings and discussions about progress. Completion Responsibilities • Package technical data to the document control role for filing. • Submit spare parts needs to Storeroom and Equipment Master. • Review the developed PM needs for new equipment before it gets sent to the Equipment Master. • Review LOTO updates, hazard assessments, MOCs and JSPs as needed upon completion. • Become a resource for after hour calls on related issues or questions. • Assist in setting up or delivering training for efforts which it is required. • Report on plant performance gains as driven by the operations, maintenance, and process group.
- Manufacturing Leadership & Management
- General Maintenance & Staff Responsibilities • Assume a large role in planning TA items which relate to technical assistance given. • Approve requisitioned parts and service. • Manage missed days and vacation to a satisfactory level which supports the needs of the plants. • Perform environmental compliance evaluations as part of projects and assignments. • Perform or attend meetings as needed. • Build a good working relationship with co-workers and build plant equipment and process understanding. • Support safety initiatives and participate in safety program. • Assist with budgeting/profit planning. • Actively participate in driving the importance of all reliability improvement efforts so the operations and maintenance groups have time to ask questions and give feedback.
- Environmental, Health, Safety & Responsible Care
- Abide by and enforce all plant safety/health/environmental policies and promote safety improvements. • Conduct incident investigations on near misses, incidents, and accidents. • Assist in the execution of the corporate and plant safety programs including incident investigations, PHAs, annual review of JSPs, etc. • Perform safe behavior observations and enforce safety policies • Review “Management of Change” for area of responsibility and ensure process / equipment changes are conducted in a safe and environmentally responsible manner. • Serve as a model for working safely in the plant.
- This position will directly manage maintenance technicians
- Under direction where definite objectives are established requiring the use of a wide range of procedures and the employee plans and arranges own work, referring only unusual cases to supervisor or others.
- A Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent from a four-year college or university; Concentration in Engineering. Mechanical, Reliability or Technology.
- 7-10 years of maintenance and reliability experience
Hours of work: Full-time position with hours Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5;00 p.m. (On-call support will be expected over the phone.)
Travel: up to 20%
Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription, vision, and retirement savings (401k)
More about Calgon Carbon, A Kuraray Company
We are a company of scientific innovators with over 205 patents. For over 75 years, we’ve been innovating solutions to the world’s emerging challenges. Since creating the first activated carbon products from bituminous coal in the 1940s, Calgon Carbon has been a pioneer in developing advanced products, systems and services for air and water purification. Calgon Carbon’s product portfolio now encompasses more than 700 direct market applications.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Calgon Carbon employs approximately 1,350 people and operates 20 manufacturing, reactivation, innovation and equipment fabrication facilities in the U.S., Asia, and in Europe, where Calgon Carbon is known as Chemviron.
Calgon Carbon was acquired by Kuraray in March of 2018. With complementary products and services, the combined organization will continue to focus on providing the highest quality and most innovative activated carbon and filtration media products, equipment, and services to meet customer needs anywhere in the world
Calgon Carbon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
VEVRRA Federal Contractor