Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
$1000 Sign On Bonus
With more than 130 energy projects using naturally occurring landfill gas to power homes and businesses, WM Renewable Energy produces over 550 megawatts of electricity every year along with producing clean Renewable Natural Gas that supplies homes, business and CNG fleets across the United States.
I. Job Summary
Manage the Landfill Gas to Renewable Natural Gas “RNG” Facility to maximize production, while ensuring safe work practices, environmental compliance, timely maintenance, compliance with contracts, and coordination with the landfill management and operations. This role acts as a plant owner, and is available whenever necessary to meet the objectives of the role and the needs of the facility.
The facility processes the landfill gas by removing the majority of the non-methane components including CO2, water, sulfur and volatile and non-volatile organic compounds to attain pipeline quality.
The RNG Plant Manager will be required to operate and maintain a landfill gas to High BTU processing facility; which will include specialty gas processing, Gas Compressors, CO2 removal system, Thermal-Oxidizers, and H2S removal systems, NRU’s and PSA’s.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- The operator will perform intermediate to advanced level Instrument and Control repair, maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting.
- By thorough evaluation of operational data, be responsible for planning a proper course of action and have complete ownership for managing production capacity in efforts to reduce plant operating expenses while limiting equipment downtime without impairment. Inspects ongoing activities for safety and environmental compliance, and for adherence to Standard Operating Procedures. Reports and develops recommendations for corrective actions in any instances of reoccurring shutdowns or equipment de-rating in order to notify WMRE operations managers whether further analysis is necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all operational requirements of the air permit, which may include CYCLE task tracking, documentation of compliance with standard operating procedures, performing emissions tests, and adjusting equipment to meet emissions limits. Represents WMRE during third party testing and regulatory inspections.
- Must be an engaged employee with the ability to organize and manage small to large scale plant outages and projects.
- Must be skilled in organizational and record keeping of all maintenance reports, gas data analysis and waste stream documentation.
- Operate advanced instrumentation and process control systems.
- Secures, manages, and coordinates all 3rd party vendors for scheduled plant maintenance, unscheduled down time, compliance, and well-field issues. Regularly communicates this with the Market Area Gas Operations Manager (MAGOM) and/or WMRE Operations Manager.
- Manages various relationships with gas purchasers as a first point of contact, with respect to facility operations and compliance with scheduling requirements. Complies with gas sales agreements, interconnect agreements, or other contracts.
- Inspects plant machinery and equipment. Repairs, maintains, and services all equipment in accordance with the facility Standard Operating Procedures, equipment maintenance manuals, and WMRE policies and training. Must also be knowledgeable to handle non-routine repairs or issues that may arise and require sound, immediate judgment without direct supervision.
- Implements WM and WMRE safety policies and practices for all work activities, and ensures these practices are followed by other WM staff, vendors, contractors, and visitors entering the facility.
- Completes all mandatory training activities for both safety and operational training as assigned by supervisor.
- Procures plant supplies and replacement equipment in an efficient manner by identifying needs in advance, managing vendors, and working within WMRE guidelines as well as being responsible for the annual budget.
- Promptly responds to call-outs of plant shutdowns during non-business hours to identify the cause of the shutdown and rectify/diagnose through appropriate repairs or adjustments to return the plant to operation while consulting with WMRE operations managers (as needed). This role is given discretion to judge the situation and respond accordingly without management intervention, until needed.
- Identifies backup staff in coordination with the WMRE Regional Manager, and assigns call-out schedules to ensure that there is at least one plant manager available 24/7/365 for plant shutdowns and emergencies. For self and backup, adjusts daily or weekly on-site presence at plant during business hours to reflect time spent for call-outs, with consideration that all other daily and monthly duties must be completed on a timely basis.
- Maintains the facility spare inventory and provides a written inventory count twice annually.
- Schedules and conducts plant tours as requested to support good community relations. Represent WMRE as the on-site technical expert on production of renewable natural gas from landfill gas. Participates actively in developing and implementing ongoing public relations between the plant and community to ensure favorable outlook of the facility from both customer and community.
- Participates in public forums to support business development and community education. Ensures the potential for use of the facility as a marketing platform and supervises such activities. Maintains effective relationships with key political and community decision makers in the region.
- Completes special assignments/tasks as required by WMRE Operations Manager, Market Area Gas Operations Manager, or Landfill District Manager.
- Able to work as a team and communicate clearly and professionally across different business units.
- Ability to wear/operate assigned PPE and follow WM and WM Renewable Energy safety protocols and procedures.
- Work on electrical systems, DC and AC low voltage, to troubleshoot and perform minor repairs.
- Must be strong with basic computer skills used to communicate, document, and change operations settings for plant performance optimization.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience in a plant operations or plant maintenance environment.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Must have valid driver’s license
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Fundamental knowledge of computer data entry and interpretation.
- Must be able to successfully manage fiduciary responsibilities.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 100 lbs.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% with overnight stays.
- Must be able to diagnose and repair DC circuits 12/24 volts.
- Basic knowledge of 120/240/480 3ph volt AC circuits.
- Must be able to understand complex processes and action-based thinking.
- Must be familiar with basic principles of building maintenance.
- Must be able to demonstrate industry communication skills
D. Advantage skills or job experience
- Previous RNG Operations
- Gas processing or pipeline operations experience
- Gas compression and gas conditioning
- Controls and programming
- Landfill gas collections
- Automotive or Heavy Equipment technician
- Refrigeration or HVAC experience
- Skilled in P&ID or electrical drawing interpretation
- Project management experience
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: shop/power gas processing plant environment.
This position requires the ability to work in an office, shop, functioning mechanical room and outside environments throughout the year.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: One location