University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: Researcher II – Clinical Research Support – Cardiology
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00028010
Job Category: Research (Non-Faculty Only)
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: Researcher II – Clinical Research Support – Cardiology
Job Summary: Conducts research applying theoretical and professional working knowledge for desired outcomes to include, but not limited to, conducting and modifying procedures as needed, data collection and analysis, laboratory management, preparing and designing reports, and communication.
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree, or associate’s degree plus two (2) years of related experience. No other equivalents.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration required: N/A
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Written and verbal communications skills. Interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a team environment. Leadership skills
- Prepares and maintains culture media, reagents, and experimental animals as appropriate; modifies existing research techniques in collaboration with research faculty establishes, and independently performs routine and non-routine experiments; compiles, analyzes, and interprets research data using various relevant computer software applications; compiles processes and analyzes data; organizes and manages research data; responsible for evaluation and interpretation of results, and design process which may be in collaboration with the pi or completed independently
- Responds to data-related requests from research faculty, project staff, and agencies
- Performs training duties involving lower level employees
- Records research procedures and results; files and maintains records; keep detailed records of all laboratory activities
- Maintains established department policies, procedures and objectives, including the areas of quality assurance, safety, environmental and infection control; performs the quantitative analysis according to established standard operating procedures (sops); ensures that knowledge about regulatory requirements is current; assists research faculty and colleagues with day-to-day laboratory operations including monitoring the budget and inventory control ensuring quality control and safety compliance, developing policies and procedures, and ordering supplies; communicates regularly with the research faculty about all aspects of research trials
- Identifies problems, troubleshoots and analyzes variations observed and reported in regular testing protocols; modifies, refines or adapts techniques and procedures; troubleshoot problems with all aspects of evaluation and recommends solutions; adapts and/or modifies experimental methods based upon interpretation of data
- Monitors, maintains, sets up any study equipment, and maintains laboratory equipment in proper working order, following appropriate laboratory safety protocols
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds, frequent crouching/stooping, frequent driving, frequent kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, and frequent walking.
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Job Posting Date: 03/17/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified): 05/1/2023
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Sun, 19 Mar 2023 07:09:41 GMT
Click Here To Apply