- Communication skills
- Customer service
- 10 key typing
- Computer skills
- High school diploma or GED
To assist the Assistant Manager and Retail Store Manager and leadership team with the day-to-day store operations and store performance to meet or exceed budget while operating in compliance with company standards, policies and procedures. May supervise community service workers and volunteers on a limited or as needed basis.
Uphold a positive work environment that follows Goodwill’s Amazing Customer Experience (ACE) culture, Values, and Mission in everything you do and every interaction you have with co-workers, clients, customers and management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Ensures proper customer service to all donors and customers.
2. Reaches designated production guidelines.
3. Participates in the pricing, displaying and selling of store merchandise within price ranges established by Goodwill management.
4. Assists in developing additional donors for the store.
5. Adequately stocks and maintains interior and exterior of the store in an attractive manner.
6. May balance cash register receipts, prepare daily bank deposits and maintain records of store transactions for each business day occasionally.
7. Uses cash register to total sales, accepts payments.
8. Ensures the proper rotation of all store merchandise.
9. Manages store’s loss control by watching customers and employees and reporting suspicious activity to the Loss Prevention Director. Ensures that items are not given away without authorization.
10. Ensures a clean and safe environment in the store, processing area and/or donation center by practicing good housekeeping practices.
11. Regular attendance is required as outlined in Goodwill’s attendance policy.
12. Observes safety procedures and personnel policies.
13. Attends regular store meetings.
14. Acts as a positive role model for employees, trainees and customers in all respects of professional development.
15. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum requirement; general educational background without high school completion, plus 0 to 6 months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
SOFTWARE SKILLS REQUIRED
INITIATIVE AND INGENUITY
Under immediate supervision, performs general assignments of work, with periodic check of performance by supervisor.
Frequent contacts with general public, patrons, or other outside representatives, wherein the manner of handling these contacts has a bearing on the organization’s position and operation.
Contacts of little importance and usually with immediate associates only. Requires only ordinary courtesy to avoid friction in relationship incidental to working with others.
USE OF MACHINES, EQUIPMENT AND/OR COMPUTERS
Occasional use of non-complex machines and equipment (adding machines, calculators, copy/fax machines, etc.)
Disagreeable working conditions. Continuously exposed to several elements such as, noise, intermittent standing, walking; and occasional pushing, carrying, or lifting.
The following work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The following physical activities described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations. Moderate diversity, moderately physical. Work activities which allow for a moderate amount of diversity in the performance of tasks which requires somewhat diversified physical demands of the employee. While performing the functions of this job, the employee is continuously required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, talk or hear; regularly required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms; frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Frequent physical exertion and exposure to unfit donated goods.
Excellent customer service skills
Effective communication skills
Some computer knowledge a plus.
Must be able to interact cordially and productively with a variety of people.
Must be able to market Goodwill and explain the mission to the general public.
Must be able to read, write and communicate clearly in English.
Must establish and maintain effective relationships with supervisors and co-workers, while motivating them to their best performance.
Must be able to work a flexible schedule, on short notice, including holidays, nights and weekends and occasionally in excess of 40 hours a week.
Ability to function in a hectic work environment with occasional periods of high stress.
Must be able to take initiative and make decisions within Goodwill policies.
Must observe and enforce safety policies in all phases of the operation.
Must have knowledge of fashionable women’s, children’s and men’s clothing as well as furniture and household items.
Must be able to lift and carry objects weighing up to 35 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to stand and walk for a prolonged period and to frequently bend, stretch and stoop.
Must have reliable transportation.