Full-timeEstimated: $33,000 – $45,000 a year1 hour ago
- Retail management
- Bachelor’s degree
- High school diploma or GED
Full Job Description
The most exciting thing about Bargain Hunt is our growth! Job Title: Bench Store Manager Reports to: Training Store Leader/District Leader Primary Duties and Responsibilities Bench Store Leaders are experienced retail store managers who are part of our talented management pipeline and are qualified to lead store operations once a store is available for them. Leaders in Training would encompass meeting future needs for Assistant Store Leader or Store Leader positions. Responsibilities • Learn supervisory and technical skills that are in alignment with the company’s mission, its retailing philosophies and its operational strategies.
- Participate in training experiences, learn new skills, and demonstrate increasing proficiency and expertise with leadership responsibilities. • Work as an apprentice under at least one experienced Store Leader that will position you for advancement in your Bargain Hunt leadership career. • Participate in all employee-related leadership functions including interviewing, hiring, scheduling, training, coaching, motivation, discipline, performance reviews, conflict resolution, and the administration of human resources policies. • Develop people skills that will allow you to successfully lead a store team.
- Serve as a role model for customer service and set the pace for service excellence for all team members. • Assist in driving sales and achieving targets, while controlling costs and losses. • Identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans. • Assist in reducing turnover and increasing retention.
- Supervise, coach and provide feedback to team members on the performance of their duties. • Communicate effectively with customers and team members in a professional, positive and courteous manner. • Serves as primary Leader on Duty role including opening and closing the store. When serving in this role, provide leadership and direction to teammates and ensure that store, merchandising and customer service standards are continuously met, including merchandise presentation, signage, recovery, and cleanliness.
- Focuses staff on loss prevention priorities and efforts. • Enforce all safety rules and regulations set by the company and governmental agencies. • Perform the duties of a Store Leader in his/her absence. • Accepts special assignments as directed by the Training Store Leader / District Leader.
- Follow and enforce all Company policies and procedures. Job Specifications • High school diploma or equivalent. Four year degree preferred • 3+ years of retail management experience • Demonstrated leadership skills and team-oriented thinking • Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required • Ability to take initiative, act with a sense of urgency and be results driven • Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required. • Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in all situations.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a stressful situation. • Ability to operate store equipment (including but not limited to telephone, copiers, fax machines, computers, forklifts, etc.). • Ability to process merchandise information through store computer system, POS register and complete all required paperwork. • Ability to move throughout all areas of the store; sales floor, receiving, register areas, including the outside perimeter of the store.
- Move objects up to and exceeding 200 pounds with reasonable accommodation. Ability to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. • Ability to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays. • Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
- Must be relocatable. Bargain Hunt is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Bargain Hunt also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Human Resources.