Job title: Retail Cashier, Southland Casino
Company: Delaware North
Job description: The Opportunity
Delaware North Gaming is hiring a full-time Retail Cashier to join our team at Southland Casino in West Memphis, Arkansas. As a Retail Cashier, you’ll be responsible for providing excellent guest service and managing all transactions accurately and efficiently.
Minimum pay rate: $15.00 / hour
Information on our comprehensive benefits package can be found at .
We care about our team member’s personal and professional well-being. Delaware North provides a benefits package designed to give you the comfort, safety, and security you need to deliver exceptional experiences for our guests. All team members receive benefits including:
- Weekly pay
- Employee assistance program
- Training and development opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Flexible work schedules
Eligible team members may also receive: health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid vacation days and holidays, paid parental bonding leave, and tuition and/or professional certification reimbursement.
- Greets and acknowledges guests, answers their questions and assists them whenever possible.
- Processes sale with appropriate point of sale system, accepts payment, counts change and bags merchandise.
- Maintains records related to sales.
- Routinely stocks merchandise and faces items on shelves.
- Verifies amount of bank at beginning and the end of each shift.
- Maintains a clean and organized store or stand.
- Maintains orderly back-stock and knows where goods are to be found.
- Completes all related close-out paperwork.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in retail or customer service environment preferred.
- Good communication skills; ability to communicate with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Basic math skills; ability to accurately handle money and count change.
- Capable of following job guidelines and supervisors’ instructions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand for entire length of shift.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs frequently.
- Bending, reaching, climbing on step stool.
- Visual acuity sufficient to see and distinguish merchandise and operate point-of-sale system.
- Majority of time spent in indoor, climate-controlled environment of retail store
- May also be exposed to partially sheltered outdoor environment subject to climate fluctuations.
2nd Shift Who We Are
Southland Casino Racing, owned and operated by Delaware North, features more than 1,500 slot machines, live blackjack, craps and roulette tables, live greyhound racing and simulcast wagering. Southland is located in West Memphis, Arkansas, only a short drive from downtown Memphis, Tennessee.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen – share our vision and grow with us.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.
Expected salary: $15 per hour
Location: West Memphis, AR
Job date: Sat, 18 Mar 2023 08:38:08 GMT
Click Here To Apply