SaintJoseph Health System
Job title: RN Exercise Cardiac Stress Tester
Company: SaintJoseph Health System
Job description: Employment Type: Part time Shift: Day Shift
Description: Part-time M-F 8:00am-12:00pm; Call Saturday and Sunday 8:00am – 1:00pm; and every other weekend.
Responsible and accountable for implementing, directing, communicating, and documenting the nursing process in accordance with current established standards of care and the Indiana Nurse Practice Act. The Registered Nurse is a patient advocate who provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, and associates.
Actively participates in all aspects of efficient patient flow through the CardioDiagnostics department. Screens patients before exercise testing to determine appropriateness of non-physician supervision of stress testing. Supervises and administers stress tests on appropriate patients in concert with CardioDiagnostic staff, under the egis of a physician supervisor. Performs other supplementary functions within CardioDiagnostics department such as Arterial flow studies, EKGs, reconciliation, quality reports at direction of Lead/Supervisor.
Why Saint Joseph Health System?
Saint Joseph Health System is a not-for-profit, multi-hospital health system located in North Central Indiana.
Our system includes :
- 254-bed acute-care hospital at the Mishawaka Medical Center
- 58-bed acute-care hospital at the Plymouth Medical Center
- More than 85 providers in the Saint Joseph Physician Network
What we offer:
- NO mandatory overtime
- Benefits first day of employment (including: medical, dental, vision, PTO, life, STD/LTD)
- Sign-On Bonus
- Retirement savings account with employer match
- Generous paid time off programs
- Employee referral incentive program
- Tuition/professional development reimbursement
- Nursing Scholarship opportunities
- State of the art equipment
- Supportive team approach
- Unlimited CEUs
At Saint Joseph Health System, our values give us strength. That character guides every decision we make – even when those decisions are complicated, costly or hard. We honor our mission to care for every man, woman and child who needs us by investing in technology, people and capabilities that allow us to set the standard for quality care.
1. Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information. Adheres to all state, federal, and local laws and standards as they relate to the ethical and legal compliance plans and policies.
3. Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting data.
4. Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems.
5. Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others, and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and implementation of patient care.
6. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care appropriate to the age of the patient.
7. Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other nursing team members.
8. Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of patient’s response.
9. Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates appropriate response.
10. Provides patient and family teaching.
11. Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and teaching plans based on the patient’s response.
12. Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication administration.
13. Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by individual department standards.
14. Assists with orientation of new employees.
15. Performs screening on patients which will include cardiovascular history, general medical conditions, and signs/symptoms to determine appropriateness of non-physician stress test oversight.
16. Works closely with Cardiologists regarding clinical presentations during stress testing, reports adverse events during stress testing procedures, and aids Cardiologist in producing an accurate final interpretation.
17. Safely oversees and monitors various stress testing performed in the laboratory, including both exercise stress testing as well as pharmacologic stress testing.
18. Accurately documents comprehensive clinical notes of stress testing procedures.
19. Appropriately manages complications from stress testing in the interval before the designated covering physician or emergency response team arrives.
20. Recognizes appropriate termination criteria for clinical exercise tests, and works to ensure diagnostic accuracy is achieved.
21. Effectively communicates with patients about the reason for testing; obtains informed consent; selects appropriate exercise testing procedures, and prepares the patient for the exercise test
22. Operates and maintains all clinical exercise testing equipment independently
23. Provides patient with a preliminary interpretation and discussion of results with the patient.
24. Provides education and promotion of exercises to patients where appropriate.
25. Oversees and actively facilitates efficient and safe patient flow through the CardioDiagnostics department.
26. Participates in non-stress testing functions whenever relevant or directed by Lead/Supervisor. Non-stress testing functions may include performing Arterial Flow Studies, EKGs, Holter/Event monitoring, patient interaction, interfacing with other departments, and other general duties relevant to flow and reconciliation of the department (revenue, charges, quality studies, etc).
27. Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Graduate of an accredited RN program.
Licensure: RN Indiana License. Certified in Basic Life Support and ACLS Certification
Experience: Practical experience in clinical exercise testing laboratory is preferred.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
Location: Mishawaka, IN
Job date: Tue, 24 Jan 2023 08:58:00 GMT
Click Here To Apply