University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job title: RN I Ambulatory- SOM Medicine Pulmonary
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00029222
Job Category: Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Organization: SOM-Medicine-PULM Admin
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: RN I Ambulatory- SOM Medicine Pulmonary
Job Summary: To assess, develop, implement and evaluate the nursing care and treatment for patients in an assigned clinical area. To coordinate the operations of a clinical area including patient scheduling, maintaining patient records and managing the patient admissions process. To counsel with patients and family members on treatment and conditions of patients. To act as liaison between case managers, home health nurses, utilization review, etc. To coordinate patient services and care. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Education & Experience
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Valid RN license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of clinical nursing care procedures and protocols. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems/EHR, tools and programs. Ability to work in a team environment. Knowledge of approved nursing care procedures and protocols
- Provides patient care by performing problem-focused assessments, planning, implementing and evaluating treatments and interventions for patients in the physicians practice. Accurately documents care provided into the patients electronic medical record.
- Coordinates the delivery of care within the practice setting and across health care settings. Administers and coordinates resources and direct clinical and organizational activities and workflow within the practice setting. Refers patients to needed services as ordered by the provider.
- Fosters interdisciplinary collaboration to improve quality of care, services, patient satisfaction and outcomes, work environment patient and staff safety, and organizational performance.
- Communicates openly with patients, caregivers, and other health care professionals regarding patient care and the ambulatory care nurse’s role in the provision of that care within the practice setting.
- Ensures patients have access to care that is appropriate, safe, effective, timely, efficient, and equitable, resulting in optimal health states for patients and cost-effective outcomes for the practice and organization.
- Serves as a mentor for new staff, colleagues, and students; actively participates in orientation and ongoing education programs; positively interacts with and contributes to the professional development of clinical staff, peers, and colleagues.
- Preserves patients’ rights to confidentiality, privacy, and self-determination within legal, regulatory, and ethical parameters. Reports patients issues or concerns to supervisor as appropriate.
- Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- Actively engages in practice and organizational initiatives that create and maintain an internal environment that is safe, hazard-free, ergonomically correct, confidential, and comfortable for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Complies with practice and organizational policies, protocols, and guidelines addressing the prevention of the spread of infection and allergic reactions, the disposal of biohazardous waste, and maintenance of a safe, comfortable environment.
- Coordinates referrals to other services within and outside of organization.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, constant bending, frequent lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, frequent climbing, frequent crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, constant pushing/pulling, occasional reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, constant twisting, and constant walking.
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Work Shift: Day
Benefits Eligibility: Benefits Eligible
Job Posting Date: 05/21/2023
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Tue, 23 May 2023 01:58:49 GMT
Click Here To Apply