Job title: RN II – Medical/Surgical 6 West
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00024224
Job Category: Health System
Organization: 6 West
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: RN II – Medical/Surgical 6 West
Job Summary: Provides expert patient care and acts as a clinical resource to staff. Assists nursing staff in the development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care and treatment for patients in an assigned area. Maintains quality standards in patient care established by UMMC and the nursing profession. Delegates patient care to auxiliary personnel. Consults with medical and other health care staff regarding patient care. Functions as lead RN to the unit and other staff members.
Education & Experience
Must be licensed as RN for one (1) year. Two (2) years of RN experience in specified area preferred. BSN preferred.
Certifications, Licenses or Registration Required: Valid RN license.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of staff nursing care procedures and protocols. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Knowledge and understanding of computer systems, tools and programs. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Provides patient care by assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating treatments and procedures for patients.
- Serves as lead nurse, supervises and performs the coaching, training and education of rns and other nursing staff members.
- Ensures the safety of patients.
- Educates patients (and possible family members) on topics such as the nature and status of patient’s condition, diet and associated side effects of medication/treatments, the importance of complying with medication schedules (if applicable).
- Consults and reports any patient issues and concerns to other medical and health care staff.
- Maintains accurate patient records (e.g. charts, schedules, procedures, medication/treatment history, etc.)
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, occasional exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, occasional activities subject to significant volume changes of a seasonal/clinical nature, occasional work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, frequent bending, occasional lifting and carrying more than 100 pounds, occasional climbing, frequent crawling, frequent crouching/stooping, occasional kneeling, frequent pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, occasional sitting, constant standing, constant twisting, and constant walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: No
Pay Class: Hourly
FTE %: 100
Job Posting Date: 09/18/2022
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Tue, 20 Sep 2022 03:48:01 GMT
Click Here To Apply