Job title: RN-Midwife – SOM Obstetrics & Gynecology
Company: University of Mississippi Medical Center
Job description: Hello,
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with the University of Mississippi Medical Center. Please review the following instructions prior to submitting your job application:
- Provide all of your employment history, education, and licenses/certifications/registrations. You will be unable to modify your application after you have submitted it.
- You must meet all of the job requirements at the time of submitting the application.
- You can only apply one time to a job requisition.
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
After you apply, we will review your qualifications and contact you if your application is among the most highly qualified. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to individually respond to all applicants. You may check the status of your application via your Candidate Profile.
Important Applications Instructions:
Please complete this application in entirety by providing all of your work experience, education and certifications/
license. You will be unable to edit/add/change your application once it is submitted.
Job Requisition ID: R00023296
Job Category: Clinical (Non-Faculty Only)
Organization: SOM-Obstetrics & Gynecology-DBA
Location/s: Main Campus Jackson
Job Title: RN-Midwife – SOM Obstetrics & Gynecology
Job Summary: To provide patient healthcare and/or education to women, newborns, and families in accordance with established midwifery practice guidelines. To educate midwifery, medical and nursing students, and nursing and resident staff in normal child birth. To perform job duties in accordance with the medical center’s purpose.
Education & Experience
Meet the educational and experience requirements of the MS Board of Nursing for licensure as a Registered Nurse and Certified Nurse Midwife
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED: Valid RN License, Advanced Practice RN as Certified Nurse Midwife from the Mississippi Board of Nursing, and hold national certification as a Certified Nurse Midwife from the American Midwifery Certification Board.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of midwifery theory, procedures and standards. Verbal and written communication skills. Interpersonal skills. Ability to perform patient assessment. Ability to plan, implement, and evaluate individual patient care programs.
- Administers direct prenatal, intrapartum, and post-partum patient services and primary care to low-to moderate risk patients.
- Educates midwifery, medical and nursing students, and nursing and resident staff in the care of patients during pregnancy, child birth, and the postpartum period.
- Provides educational and other related services for well women care; manages well women care for patients who meet the criteria for essentially healthy women through their life cycle.
- Performs administrative duties such as patient charting, oversight of clinic services, and coordination of patient care/services.
- Observes patients for fetal stress, complications, or any deviation from the norm, taking appropriate action as needed. Participates in research to improve quality care.
- Serves on at least one nursing council, hospital, or medical center committee, task force, or project team to improve patient care or work area. Demonstrates core standards of exceptional customer service.
- The duties listed are general in nature and are examples of the duties and responsibilities performed and are not meant to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Management retains the right to add or change duties at any time.
Physical and Environmental Demands
Requires occasional exposure to unpleasant or disagreeable physical environment such as high noise level and exposure to heat and cold, occasional handling or working with potentially dangerous equipment, frequent exposure to biohazardous conditions such as risk of radiation exposure, blood borne pathogens, fumes or airborne particles, and/or toxic or caustic chemicals which mandate attention to safety considerations, occasional working hours significantly beyond regularly scheduled hours, occasional travelling to offsite locations, constant work produced subject to precise measures of quantity and quality, occasional bending, occasional lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds, occasional climbing, occasional crouching/stooping, occasional driving, occasional kneeling, occasional pushing/pulling, frequent reaching, frequent sitting, frequent standing, occasional twisting, and frequent walking. (occasional-up to 20%, frequent-from 21% to 50%, constant-51% or more)
Time Type: Full time
FLSA Designation/Job Exempt: Yes
Pay Class: Salary
FTE %: 100
Job Posting Date: 08/3/2022
Job Closing Date (open until filled if no date specified):
Location: Jackson, MS
Job date: Fri, 05 Aug 2022 06:50:06 GMT
Click Here To Apply