Job title: RN – PREM POOL
Company: Forrest Health
Job description: The RN performs under the direct supervision of the Patient Care Coordinator and is delegated an assignment by the coordinator to achieve quality patient care. The RN Staff Nurse shall implement the nursing process in an organized, systematic manner to include assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation in collaboration with the Patient Care Coordinator as evidenced by documentation in Patient Care Record, direct observation by Nurse Manager and patient evaluations of care. The RN is responsible to the Patient Care Coordinator for patient care and ultimately accountable to the Nurse Manager. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served; also demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed.
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served; also demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development and possesses the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interprets the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his/her age specific needs, and to provide the care needed.
· Demonstrates thorough, concise and timely documentation, shift reports and communicates pertinent patient information to all health care team members.
· Maintains own clinical skills staying current in skills, ongoing competencies, equipment and certifications required in specific nursing area, including EKG rhythm identification, National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification, Chemo Certification, Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification.
· Demonstrates ability to perform all technical skills required for each unit’s population by rendering professional nursing care including administering medications, starting IVs, maintenance of Intravenous lines and foley catheters, venipuncture, administration of blood products, restraint application and monitoring, sterile dressing, vents, ICPs , trachs, and performs both complex and routine treatments as ordered by physician.
· Demonstrate the technical aptitude for working and troubleshooting equipment used including but not limited to traction, wound vacuum systems, continuous passive motion machines, telemetry monitoring devices and specialty beds.
· Demonstrates the aptitude for safely positioning and assisting patients using a variety of devices such as but not limited to abduction pillows, splints, slings, braces, neck collars, walkers, crutches and immobilizers.
· Implements a systematic and comprehensive plan of care to provide individualized care, educates patient and family about diagnosis, treatments or prescribed medical regimen and medications in accordance with patient and family readiness and ability to learn.
· Demonstrates critical thinking skills and uses professional judgement to respond promptly with intervention when clinical changes occur, and prevention of complications in patients in need of cardiac monitoring, stroke care, and medical-surgical care.
· Consistently follows patient care and FGH policy, procedures, and standards of care in preforming nursing duties and adheres to and promotes the established values of the organization, i.e. customer service, safety, infection control and compliance standards Education: Graduate of a recognized non-online RN program required.
Work Experience: Required to have two year of medical-surgical nursing experience in an acute-care setting, as well as staff nursing experience in an acute care setting within the past year.
Certification/Licensure: Current RN license to practice professional nursing in state of Mississippi required. BLS, ACLS, and NIHSS certification required. Successful completion of Basic coronary care certification and EKG interpretation class is required. All certifications must be maintained.
Location: Hattiesburg, MS
Job date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 07:23:27 GMT
Click Here To Apply