Safety and QA Coordinator will work in conjunction with the Environmental, Health and Safety Manager to ensure all required policies and procedures are being followed on off shifts, complete safety/QA investigations as needed, complete recurring tasks related to safety and be a readily available resource to the operations team to raise the level of performance on the plant floor.
· Along with the shift supervisors, responsible for off shift compliance to all safety and food safety policies and procedures.
· Responsible for creating a culture of safety and food safety on the off shift teams. Actively participates and often leads safety meetings and safety committee meetings.
· Completion of safety and food safety investigations when incidents occur such as near misses, injuries, CP and CCP failures, etc. Investigations will be completed thoroughly by gathering all details, documented in the required forms per policy, and shared with the required departments. Communication to department managers may be required depending on the severity of the incident, and it will be the Safety and QA Coordinator’s responsibility to contact the related department manager as needed.
· Completes daily, weekly, and monthly safety tasks as assigned by the EHS manager. Tasks may include but are not limited to fire extinguisher inspections, forklift inspection, permit document audits (LO/TO and others), eye wash station inspections, AED kits inspections, first aid kit inspections, etc.
· Coordinate between Supervision, Lead Trainer and EHS Manager to lead training sessions, classroom or On The Job on the off shifts as required. Topics will include safety and QA items but may be expanded to more topics depending on need.
· Regularly audit operations in the plant to ensure safety activities are always followed, with immediate coaching provided to the related individuals if deviations are found. Depending on the severity of the violation, coordinator may need to collaborate with the supervisor to determine disciplinary action.
· Regularly audits production documents in real time to ensure food safety policies and procedures are being followed.
· Solves problems that arise on the shift and/or notifies the supervisor or EHS Manager in a timely basis.
· Writes work orders to fix broken or failing equipment in a timely manner and works with Maintenance, Engineering and Operations Managers to schedule repairs on improvements at the most strategic times. Works with Engineering to improve design, upgrade equipment, or other changes to drive safety or food safety improvements as needed.
· Responsible for working off-shift on hours as directed by the EHS Manager. Hours may require flexibility depending on activities in the plant such as training or contractor work.
· Ensures training and transfer of knowledge to team members on off shifts, including both yellow and blue 12hr night shifts.
· Monitors general housekeeping of the plant and communicates accordingly to sanitation team to keep plant clean as it pertains to safety and food safety.
· Conditions include exposure to constant or intermittent noise. Ear plugs are required. In addition, there is exposure to conditions such as dusts, chemicals, and allergens that can affect the respiratory system, eyes or, the skin. Safety gear including hard hats is required for bump protection and to prevent exposure to potential contaminants.
· 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing facility
· Excellent communication skills
· Willingness to coach and lead team members regarding safety and food safety policies
· High level of compliance to policies and procedures with the ability to make recommended changes to the policies and procedures if need arises
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
All employees required to wear masks at this time
- Associate (Preferred)
- EHS: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location