Frito-Lay is seeking inclusive and committed Sanitors who will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing processing and packaging equipment that produces the products you already know and love. Although you will start with Frito-Lay, this job can open the door to career opportunities with our parent company, PepsiCo. Your job will be to ensure that our customers continue to trust us when it comes to food safety.
As a Sanitor, you can expect to work on your feet the entirety of your shift near heavy machinery in a loud manufacturing environment. We wear productive gear (think of a HAZMAT suit) and we squeeze, crawl, and climb wherever we need to go to make sure a job is done correctly. Frito-Lay manufacturing facilities are also large. While we want everyone to feel comfortable, our ability to control the temperature is limited. Indoor warehouse working conditions are impacted by seasons and the weather.
Here is a list of some of the more frequent tasks you can expect to perform during a typical workday:
- Cleaning the equipment and lines necessary for manufacturing products
- Wiping down metal conveyors, as well as cleaning the machine itself
- Working with strong, corrosive chemicals, hot water, and cleaning agents
- Maintaining and cleaning all buildings and some outside landscaping
Whether you are experienced or not, please be sure you meet the following minimum requirements before starting your application:
- You are 18 years of age or older
- You will be required to work on weekends, holidays as well as off shift
- You can climb, climb, bend, reach, stoop, kneel, and stretch for extended periods with or without a reasonable accommodation
- You are willing to work at heights using ladders or lifts to access areas of the plant
- You are willing and able to work in an environment that has extreme temperatures, humidity, hazardous/loud equipment, and slippery surfaces
Sound like you? Join nearly 55,000 other Frito-Lay associates across the country that work hard to bring you the snacks you love by submitting your application today.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 – 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.