Job title: School-based Behavioral Professional
Job description: THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
School-Based Behavioral Health Professional
Support the mental and behavioral health needs of Clinton Public School District students and staff through behavioral health evaluation, risk assessment, safety planning, skills teaching, crisis de-escalation and appropriate referrals for both resources and treatment options for students and their families. The range of services include but are not limited to:
- Assessing and treating individuals, families, and groups to achieve more adequate, satisfying, and productive family, school, and social environments.
- Address a wide array of relational issues within the context of education and the family system.
- Addressing individuals holistically and contextually.
- Referring to appropriate agency for concrete needs, advocacy needs and ongoing therapy for child and family.
- M.A. in Mental Health Counseling; experience with families and children preferred.
- Must be working towards or have obtained professional license and be registered with the appropriate licensing board in the state of Mississippi.
- Willingness to provide hands-on, in-school concrete services.
- Must have respect for cultural differences and individual rights to self-determination.
- Must be able to assess situations quickly and have sufficient ingenuity to cope with limited resources.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of personalities and professionals.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Willingness to serve and work closely with school staff so that they feel supported by actions.
The school-based Behavioral Health Professional is hired by the Clinical Director/Clinical Coordinator. This individual reports directly to the Clinical Coordinator who is responsible for his/her performance evaluations. The Behavioral Health Professional meets at least once a week with the Clinical Coordinator for supervision. The Director/Coordinator is to be informed of all crises.
- Conduct behavioral health assessments and assist in the development of action plan in line with school’s assessment and behavioral plan guidelines.
- When crisis arise, the Behavioral Health Professional will respond immediately to the school/child in need, stabilize the immediate crisis and refer to the appropriate agency for timely client support and a “warm hand off.”
- Complete in school threat assessments and other student mental health needs including completion and follow through of all appropriate paperwork for schools and/or CFCF
- Maintain an “on site” presence at CPSD assigned site and be on school premises and/or readily available during school hours.
- Provide crisis stabilization and safety planning as needed for all ages.
- Engage in team staffing and all program supervisions and activities as requested by Clinical Director/Coordinator.
- Demonstrate acceptable level of commitment to the Core Values and Mission of the Center for Children and Families.
- Maintain contact and face to face visits with client and family if appropriate and needed for stabilization and transition.
- Maintain all confidential information.
- Be available by phone to collaterals and coworkers on a consistent basis.
- Be available to support school personnel and help counselors and staff with any needs.
- Maintain office hours consistent with school hours and schedule including bus arrivals and departures.
- Complete all necessary training.
- Attend weekly supervision with the Clinical Coordinator to discuss cases and ongoing work.
- Maintain communication and interact with community agencies and resource providers within his/her assigned region.
- Assist Family Advocates, where applicable, by assisting with the coordination of community resources for CPSD children and families.
- Document work using electronic health record and school system forms as needed
- Assist supervisor or team as needed.
- Generate and maintain case notes and treatment plans.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Complete work time sheets weekly.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings as requested by the Clinical Director/Clinical Coordinator.
- Participate in performance evaluations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Location: Clinton, MS
Job date: Sun, 22 Jan 2023 08:00:41 GMT
Click Here To Apply