Job title: School Therapist
Job description: Communicare is a community mental health center in North Central Mississippi that serves Calhoun, Lafayette, Marshall, Panola, Tate and Yalobusha counties. Communicare offers specialized treatment services for adults with serious mental illness, children with serious emotional disturbances, individuals with substance abuse disorders and individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Communicare is currently seeking a School Therapist
This position facilitate treatment, provide follow-up services, and ensure continuity of appropriate care to severely emotionally disturbed and seriously mentally ill individuals who may be at risk of hospitalization or re hospitalization.
- Provide evidence based services while maintaining fidelity to promote continuity of care for individual served. Provide services in the individual’s residence or other places in the community as appropriate.
- Arrange for medication evaluation, management, and monitoring.
- Appropriately utilizes and accepts clinical supervision to provide the highest quality mental health care possible.
- Maintain an active caseload as directed by supervisor.
- Meet all Communicare, Department of Mental Health, and Division of Medicaid standards and policies regarding patient care and documentation.
- Provide timely services and documentation as directed and meet productivity requirements.
- Work efficiently in Communicare’s Electronic Health Record system.
- Attend and or conduct meetings and trainings as assigned. Successfully complete training in crisis intervention such as CPI, suicide prevention, pre-evaluation screenings for civil commitments, RELIAS, and other trainings as deemed necessary by Communicare and the Department of Mental Health.
- Assist in collecting and maintaining data as needed or required.
- Serve as a member of Communicare’s treatment team.
- Provide rapid response crisis services, intakes, and therapy services as directed by supervisor.
- Assess home/family situations as it relates to the client’s needs and work directly with the Family to ensure that the family is participating in treatment.
- Participate in conferences and or meeting with referral sources or other outside agencies pertinent to the individual treatment plan.
- Work closely with other programs in Communicare to maintain continuity of care and to ensure that there is a coordinated system of care.
- Establish and or maintain referral bases within the community.
- Master’s Degree and license or certification in counseling, psychology, social work, marriage and family therapy, or other related behavioral health care field preferred. If not already licensed or certified must be eligible for licensure or Department of Mental Health certification within thirty days.
- Pass a Communicare background check and drug screen. Communicare is a drug-free workplace.
- Ability to perform the responsibilities of the position as described above.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to relate positively to individuals who are referred to Communicare, their families, other staff members, members of the community, and staff from other agencies.
- Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel throughout the catchment area and to trainings and meetings in other locations outside the catchment area as needed. A valid driver’s license, automobile insurance, and an insurable driving record must be maintained continuously throughout employment.
Expected salary: $37000 per year
Location: Senatobia, MS
Job date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 05:00:12 GMT
Click Here To Apply