UGI Energy Services, LLC
Job title: Senior Accountant – Supply (Partially Work From Home)
Company: UGI Energy Services, LLC
Job description: UGI Energy Services supplies and markets natural gas, liquid fuels, and electricity to 42,000 customer locations across the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern US.
We are a supplier, marketer, and midstream services provider – one backed by 135 years of natural gas experience, plus our own expanding energy infrastructure. Along with buying and selling energy commodities at the wholesale level, UGIES owns and operates key electric generation and midstream natural gas assets throughout Pennsylvania.
With headquarters and supply sources near the heart of the Marcellus Shale, UGIES is well positioned to meet the changing energy demands of commercial, industrial, institutional, and government customers for years to come.
We offer comprehensive benefits, some of which are:
- Paid Vacation time starts with 3 weeks off
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick time
- Short term & Long term disability
- Medical plan options from Blue Cross
- Vision coverage from Vision Service Provider
- Dental coverage from United Concordia
- Extended Maternity Leave – 8 weeks pay at 100% with the option of 2 more weeks paid at 100% or 4 weeks paid at 50%
- Paternity Leave – 2 weeks pay at 100% or 4 weeks pay at 50%
- Company provided 401K match of 100% of the employee’s 6% contribution
- Tuition Reimbursement of 80% of tuition costs capped at $6,300 per year
Hybrid role, will work in the Wyomissing, PA office on Tues, Wed, and Thursday
Work within the Supply Accounting team to prepare and review journal entries, assist with month-end close functions, and perform detailed analysis for various cost streams. Partner with other departments to ensure well-coordinated and accurate supply accounting execution and reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and review journal entries.
- Process and release supply invoices/payments.
- Support operational Supply function and perform LDC cash out and other analyses.
- Support cash apps in maintaining unapplied vendor cash (suppliers).
- Support new supply system design & implementation.
- Assist in SOX compliance/quarterly financial reporting and support audit (internal and external) requests.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong spreadsheet and online accounting system skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Basic understanding regarding gas procurement.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Tactful dealing with internal co-workers as well as external customers.
- Must have working knowledge Microsoft Office Suites.
- Perform under minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Technical field.
- At least 3 years of experience working in a similar role.
UGI Energy Services, is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender identity, veteran status, or any other legally protected class in its practices.
Location: Pottstown, PA
Job date: Wed, 08 Mar 2023 08:58:58 GMT
Click Here To Apply