Calgon Carbon Corporation
Job title: Senior Applications Engineer
Company: Calgon Carbon Corporation
Job description: Calgon Carbon | A Kuraray Company currently has an opportunity where you can be a part of our growing team as we provide our customers outstanding products that make the air we breathe and the water we use safe for generations to come.
Position: Senior Applications Engineer
Location: US-Remote (Texas, Gulf Coast or West Coast)
Excellent Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription & vision, HSA & retirement savings (401k) – Generous Company Match!
Perks: Incentives/bonus plans, competitive pay, dress for your day, hybrid schedules, paid time off (vacation starting at 3 weeks), tuition reimbursement, wellness programs, fun events, learning & development opportunities
Hours of work: Full-time position with hours generally Monday through Friday 9AM-5PM
- up to 30%: Air travel to destinations as necessary for Customer visits, Project Development, Company meetings, etc.
- up to 50%: Home office to customer locations and company meetings as necessary
- up to 25%:Overnight travel as needed in conjunction with air or automobiles travel
The Senior Applications Engineer provides the lead technical support for the sale of carbon, equipment, and service in domestic or international markets. This role interfaces with Equipment Engineering, Research and Development, Equipment and Assembly, Product Management, and Sales to provide the technical justification for the use of activated carbon technology in customer applications.
Assist in the technical development of emerging markets/applications as it pertains to their area of focus. Provide lead technical and business support for key global business development groups. This role can also include supervision of entry or intermediate applications engineers.
Duties and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Business Development
- In coordination with Technical Director, Market Development and Sales Director, develop strategies and market-specific approaches to expand existing base business and develop new business opportunities through CCC technology adoption. Regularly review and evaluate actual results, report/troubleshoot variances, adjust strategy as appropriate. Provide technical lead for the Business Unit on CCC global initiatives / cross-business segment groups. Working closely with other CCC global regions on projects covering multiple geographic territories.
- Project Management
- Acts as technical support and back-up contact related to specific projects for Sales team. Serves as liaison between Sales team and internal support teams including Product and Project Management. Review bid specifications for clarity, accuracy, and acceptance. Provide recommendations to improve technical quality of bid specifications and prevent undue risk to Calgon Carbon. Serve as main Calgon Carbon contact to customer when Technical Sales Rep in unable to respond to customer.
- Strategic Direction, Planning & Implementation
- Participate in Industry forums related to emerging markets and existing applications. Attend technical conferences and trade shows to gain technical knowledge and represent Calgon Carbon as a leader in the activated carbon market. Prepare and present papers/posters at conferences, trade shows and virtual opportunities, e.g., webinars. Develop and present technical presentation / training to engineering consultants, clients, regulators, legislators, and others to influence selection of treatment solutions. Attendance at conference would be as a lead technical personnel.
- Technical Expertise
- Uses gained technical expertise, know-how and supplied computer models to select appropriate carbon and equipment for liquid and vapor phase applications, and predict performance based upon customers conditions. Set-up and monitor pilot trials in the field and provide design information for future full-scale systems. Interpret data from the lab and the field trials for pilot and full-scale systems to provide technical design and operational recommendations. Trouble shoot customer problems such as short filter run-times or unexpected breakthrough. Provide application engineering support for a geographic region(s) or set of Technical Sales Reps. Called to work with R&D on the development / testing of new carbon products / applications. May also provide technical guidance to engineers with less experience and to overseas colleagues when called upon. Prepares and provides technical training for TSR when new topics, applications, etc. are encountered. Is responsible for other general trainings and assuring consistency of technical message from TSRs to customers.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.), or equivalent from four-year college or university is required (Chemical Engineering or related engineering/chemistry field).
- 10 years of experience in the application of carbon adsorption technology to address customer requirements in liquid and gas purification, including carbon modeling, equipment design and development, and equipment functionality, is required.
- 5-7 years of experience in the use and troubleshooting of adsorption equipment at customer sites. Must be able to work under general supervision with a high degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- 2 years of business/marketing experience is preferred.
More about Calgon Carbon, A Kuraray Company
We are a company of scientific innovators with over 205 patents. For over 75 years, we’ve been innovating solutions to the world’s emerging challenges. Since creating the first activated carbon products from bituminous coal in the 1940s, Calgon Carbon has been a pioneer in developing advanced products, systems and services for air and water purification. Calgon Carbon’s product portfolio now encompasses more than 700 direct market applications.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Calgon Carbon employs approximately 1,350 people and operates 20 manufacturing, reactivation, innovation and equipment fabrication facilities in the U.S., Asia, and in Europe, where Calgon Carbon is known as Chemviron.
Calgon Carbon was acquired by Kuraray in March of 2018. With complementary products and services, the combined organization will continue to focus on providing the highest quality and most innovative activated carbon and filtration media products, equipment, and services to meet customer needs anywhere in the world.
Calgon Carbon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Job date: Thu, 25 May 2023 04:30:59 GMT
Click Here To Apply