Are you a expert in helping build a championship culture? Do you want to be part of a dynamic work family? Our privately held, well funded manufacturing operation of 300+ teammates is looking for a Senior Human Resource Generalist to partner with our Director Culture, HR and Community and other HR team members to build a championship work culture and team. Located in rural South Carolina where a handshake means something, we are looking for a high energy, detailed contributor to our Culture/HR Team.
Purpose of the job
Create, implement and manage tasks associated with the successful recruitment, retention and succession planning of all teammates. Foster and support the company culture, community outreach and Human
Resources to create a positive, productive and well-considered organization, from teammates, potential teammates and members of the surrounding communities. High level of focus and attention given to recruiting and retaining quality teammates and creating forwarding looking policies and behaviors that attract and retain teammates to the organization.
- Support, implement and monitor, on behalf of the Company, a comprehensive program of recruitment, retention, teammate feedback, performance communication, promotions, and succession planning.
- Recruit and present for hire, qualified applicants for open positions as required, to keep a steady and efficient workforce in the manufacturing plant.
- Support the Company on all issues regarding legal requirements and regulations affecting the Human Resources. Specifically, any exposure to OSHA, EEOC, etc.
- Assist with any and all investigation processes as they relate to harassment, discrimination complaints, workplace violence, etc. Supporting the Corporate Code of Conduct.
- Represent the organization at all Human Resources related State/Federal hearings and mediations.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Employee Handbook and policies. Create policies and update the handbook as required by company need and law.
- Oversees Company workforce recruitment and retention process.
- Ensure personnel files are maintained according to federal and state laws.
- Advise and counsel managers in resolving complaints, personnel problems, immigration employment eligibility concerns, policy questions, EEO, OSHA, wage, and all other HR issues.
- Primary Recruiter and Retention advocate focused in the consistent application of company policies.
- Assist and provide back-up for payroll processing and Workday administration.
- Develop and implement succession planning/9 block and staff development strategies to enhance communication and teammate retention.
- Determining that established safety rules, company policy and good housekeeping are followed.
- Working with the EHS Specialist to advise and counsel supervisors in handling safety issues in their areas.
- Attend both HR and Safety training and seminars as needed to keep skills up to date
- Oversee and provide guidance for employee appraisals, performance reviews, career planning, and development plans
- Ensure cross-functional collaboration and possible talent identification with our “sister companies” across Europe
- Think strategically about the future needs of our workforce and how to ensure their happiness and success – tracking and reporting on recruitment and turnover rates
- Generate job descriptions for new positions and revisions as needed.
- Draft and obtain approvals for Personnel Change forms – operating with the authority provided by the
- Develop and manage Teammate Referral Program.
- Oversee the FMLA, STD, LTD and Work Comp files compliance
- Represent the organization in hearings and adjudications, as assigned by the Director
- Coordinate all disciplinary actions and documentation, for events other than attendance
- Assists in the implementation of the culture of the organization and the impact on teammate retention
- Assists in the interaction with the community and how community involvement can benefit our recruitment and retention outcomes.
- Utilize training and culture development techniques to foster more open communication and interaction with the teammates – thus improving retention.
- Provide regular communications to employees to maximize transparency and opportunities for improvement
- Practices in cooperation/ alignment with Group HR & Organization
- Assist with Executive Team and Leadership Team member onboarding
- Assist with Manager/Supervisor evaluation process from teammates
- Develop and manage teammate evaluation process for and from teammates
- Participate in community functions to represent Swiss Krono
- Strategically review and implement website changes that provide proper messaging for potential teammates and community members
- Chairs Retention Committee of teammates to generate new and innovative methods of retaining teammates
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related degree, Masters preferred
- 10 + years of generalist human resources experience
- HR certification preferred
- SHRM membership preferred
- Proficiency with personal computers with ability to analyze data and present clear and concise reports and presentations required using Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Some training background with ability to present training programs required.
- One must be experienced with associate relations, staffing, recruiting, safety/workers compensation, training, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Must have experience in developing and administering various HR policies.
- Experience in payroll administration; employee insurance benefit/wellness administration.
- Strong sense of integrity that includes the confidence to be an employee advocate, if necessary, coupled with well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to deal respectfully with all levels of employees and the general public.
Swiss Krono USA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Barnwell, SC 29812: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Human Resource Generalist: 10 years (Required)
Work Location: One location