Job title: Senior Mechanical Craftsman – Remote
Job description: Description
Georgia Pacific is seeking a Senior Mechanical Craftsmen to join the Plywood Technical Services Team. The Senior Mechanical Craftsman will have a thorough understanding of precision maintenance, sound reliability practices coupled with machining, fabrication, hydraulic and pneumatics hands-on experience in a heavy industrial environment. The key focus of this role is to have a hands-on level of engagement with plants supporting large and small project installations, troubleshooting, and mentoring up and coming craft.
This 8 plywood manufacturing facilities are located in East Texas, Virginia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Mississippi, and Georgia. The role can be located remotely in the Southeast Region or Texas, close to one or more plywood locations. Depending on employee’s location, travel could be up to 75%.
What You Will Do In Your Role
Subject Matter Expert (SME) in the field of plywood manufacturing equipment to include cut-up system, vats, lathes, dryer, panel assembly, presses, sanders, compressors, etc. that are installed in eight (8) plywood manufacturing facilities:
- Support capital project scoping and installation to include developing BOM
- Support plants with critical equipment rebuilds …. precision install and centerline
- Develop plant Craft such that over time they gain a firm grasp on machine center set-up and operational fundamentals.
- Support continuous process improvements through facility engagement, as well as systems optimization
- Build capability with each facility that over time they have a well-defined PM program that is executed without fail
- Mentor Craft at each location, insuring they understand the importance of precision maintenance and they have acquired skill set.
The Experience You Will Bring
- Bachelor of Science Degree, Tech Vocation Degree in an engineering or maintenance field or equivalent demonstrated precision, maintenance /fabrication experience.
- Ten (10) or more years of precision maintenance and technical support experience in a manufacturing or military environment
- Willing to travel up to 75% – pending project loading and facility service demand
What Will Put You Ahead
- Managed a facility maintenance program or fabrication shop with responsibility for planning, scheduling, and execution to include leadership
- Experience troubleshooting equipment (mechanical and electrical) in a service environment
- Experience with Preventive / Predictive Asset maintenance
- Experience in a reliability role
- Experience with equipment design and fabrication
- Understanding of Industrial Electrical and Controls
- Completed multiple project(s) with scope greater than $1MIL, including execution
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength – focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes – medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate’s knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information:
Location: Taylorsville, MS
Job date: Thu, 26 Jan 2023 08:32:48 GMT
Click Here To Apply